Trusted Contributor

Re: April is Sjogren's Awareness Month

@StillFuntoShop I am sorry about your MS diagnosis.  That is a tough disease to deal with.  I once went around to the area schools and presented a program about MS.  My friend has it and she is the one that got me involved.   Hang in there!  

Trusted Contributor

@msgardenia Don't give up.  

Trusted Contributor

I tested high for the antibodies for this about 10 years ago. I always have dry eyes and mouth.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

My sister has Sjogren's. I have never discussed it with my doctor. I also have dry eyes & dry mouth. I hate when my eyes feel like they have sand in them when they are so dry.

Occasional Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

My sister has Sjogren's. I have never discussed it with my doctor. I also have dry eyes & dry mouth. I hate when my eyes feel like they have sand in them when they are so dry.

There is a genetic component...are you considering testing for Sjogren's?  The dry eyes are so annoying.  I can no longer wear my contacts and even with drops my vision is very blurry by the end of the day.  Makes reading at night difficult or impossible.  How is your sister doing?

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure I have.  Mom has it along with RA and Lupus. Bloodwork is negative though. Had one doc tell me there is pseudo autoimmune (doesn't show up in bloodwork) but then he said he didn't think I had that 😳😳😡

Very frustrating!!  I have every symptom. 

Occasional Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have.  Mom has it along with RA and Lupus. Bloodwork is negative though. Had one doc tell me there is pseudo autoimmune (doesn't show up in bloodwork) but then he said he didn't think I had that 😳😳😡

Very frustrating!!  I have every symptom. 

Don't give up...I had symptoms for 5 years before finally testing positive. 

Valued Contributor

I have sjogrens ,lupus and rheumatoid arthritis so I was diagnosed with Mixed connective tissue disease .always somehing going on...cathy from ma

v

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A new book, just out 2016, entitled "The Autoimmune Connection" discusses Sjogren's Disease in detail, along with many other autoimmune diseases.  We have discussed on this BB in both "Among Friends" and "Wellness."  The title of the posts is "Autoimmune Disease Sufferers."  It is geared toward women and is the most current information through March 2016.  I bought mine at Amazon, others have downloaded it on Kindle.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986