Esteemed Contributor

Re: April is Esophageal Cancer Awareness Month

@lolakimono - Thank you for this post. We have a dear friend who was diagnosed 3 1/2 yrs ago. He had a slight cough, like a clear your throat type of cough. He had surgery and they removed the esophagous and stomach. He has been on a feeding tube.

Through the years he has had many surgeries always with post operative problems. Now he is having trouble breathing and waiting on a scan as an x-ray showed "something". 

As we live 700 miles away, we don't get to see them much anymore and obviously he cannot travel here. However, every time we go through NJ we do stop and spend time. I couldn't live with myself if something happened and I was so close and didn't stop in and say hi.

It really is a terrible disease and I've seen through our friend what it does to a person.

Honored Contributor

Re: April is Esophageal Cancer Awareness Month

[ Edited ]

My aunt was diagnosed with this cancer, she was a diabetic, took shots ,was over weight, heavy smoker, she had a tube put in her ,for feeding had one chemo treatment ,and then just went down hill within a matter of days, and had such a infection in her,that it came out of her body , leaking to the floor, we wonder if this was caused by the feeding tube,because it was not done correctly, family did not do a autospy.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.