Respected Contributor

Apple Cider Vinegar Supplements

Does anyone take ACV supplements and if so what are the benefits?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar Supplements

I have taken them for years in the capsule form.  I used to get a stomach ache after eating and this stopped that.  I take it for the enzymes plus there are so many benefits of ACV that I am sure that you are aware of.  I even put a tablespoon on my dogs food.

People that have reflux think it is due to too much acid when actually it is not enough hydrochloric acid.  ACV would benefit them.  If they would take a diluted drink of it before meals they may find any easy answer to their problem.  It would be worth a try rather than take something like Prilosec the rest of your life.  

It wouldn't hurt to try it, @ninjawife .

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

I tried them and took them with food.  They bothered my stomach and gave me indigestion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Took them for a long time, still have no clue as to what the benefits were, because I didnt see any benefits from it. 

Valued Contributor

I take apple cider vinegar in the liquid form. You just have to make sure that it is mixed with enough water.

ACV with the "mother" is what is the better form.

I take some before eating.

It also is something I will put on my hair in a very diluted form as it softens the hair and helps the scalp.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife 

Dr Becky (Board Certified Dietician and College Professor) On Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCluX0EpIII

Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I have taken them for years in the capsule form.  I used to get a stomach ache after eating and this stopped that.  I take it for the enzymes plus there are so many benefits of ACV that I am sure that you are aware of.  I even put a tablespoon on my dogs food.

People that have reflux think it is due to too much acid when actually it is not enough hydrochloric acid.  ACV would benefit them.  If they would take a diluted drink of it before meals they may find any easy answer to their problem.  It would be worth a try rather than take something like Prilosec the rest of your life.  

It wouldn't hurt to try it, @ninjawife .

I take it when my blood sugar is high..and I add some stevia to it...tastes better that way! i've had a tummy ache for several days...maybe the ACV will help that??

Esteemed Contributor

I took ACV, and it gave me a belly ache.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ninjawife 

Dr Becky (Board Certified Dietician and College Professor) On Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCluX0EpIII

Just what I needed to hear! Woman Happy