Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar: Daily?

@MaggieMack wrote:

I bought some Bragg's ACV last month and it has just been chilling in my refrigerator. Reading this thread prompted me to read a bit about the benefits online this morning and then take two tablespoonsful in one swig. I didn't think it was awful at all! But, then, I like olive juice and dislike sugary items. It must be a difference in our tastebuds. I will let you know if it helps me lose the few pounds I put on over the winter, lol!

I have several times taken two teaspoons at once without anything to go with it but I also can do a Jack Daniels shot like a was a cowboy in the old western days!!  It does not taste bad but I really did not notice any changes with my digestion to warrant the purchase of the bottle of ACV.  Just takes up space at home.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

I am reading more and more about the health benefits of 1-2T of Apple Cider vinegar. I got some Bragg and poured out 2T and just drank it like a "shot"

The taste was so extremely bad and it was like a gut bomb!

What is the trick? Take on full stomach? Chase it with something? 

With food. You're taking acid. Unless you've been tested for low stomach acid youre playing with fire.  Do you have acid indigestion?  If so this will help stop the burn and digest your food.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I am reading more and more about the health benefits of 1-2T of Apple Cider vinegar. I got some Bragg and poured out 2T and just drank it like a "shot"

The taste was so extremely bad and it was like a gut bomb!

What is the trick? Take on full stomach? Chase it with something? 

I couldn't do it and I really tried.  It got so that after a couple of days my body wanted to throw it back out again as soon as I tasted it.....even diluted.   Nothing worked for me and I think I tried everything....  Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

First, Just use vinegar in your food some time during the day. Eat something made with cider vinegar every day. We eat a lot of traditional tangy Waldorf salad with apples, grapes, celery, walnuts, mayo or miracle whip, VINEGAR and a bit of sugar. I make Chinese chicken salad which has vinegar in it (you know the recipe--vinegar, soy, sesame oil, but of sugar, etc.). I make sweet and sour cabbage slaw with vinegar and sugar. I make my own hot and sour soup which has vinegar in it. And basic salad with oil and vinegar, of course. bit by bit, it adds up.

Second, If in doubt that I have had enough, I mix a Tb of vinegar with a tsp of sugar and it's quite good. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't take apple cider vinegar orally but my experience with it is this:

I had a problem toenail that two courses of prescription Lamisil pills and some kind of prescription nail polish and various over the counter products would not even touch.

I then tried several off the wall remedies including Vix Vaporub and coconut oil, but nothing worked until I tried nightly generous applications of straight undiluted apple cider vinegar to my toenails (I used it on all ten).  

After about six months, the nail is completely normal again.  I don't know if that would work for everyone but it sure worked for me.  I still use it a couple of times a week just to make sure it doesn't come back.  

Frequent Contributor

I lost 80 pounds in 2011 and with an abusive boyfriend, my mother passed away etc...I gained 40 back since 2011. Last time I was on a doctor scale I was stuck at the same weight for awhile. I read up on ACV and drank that in a glass with cranberry juice. I also take the garcinia pill twice a day with water. In the last 5 weeks I have lost 38 pounds. I don't know how it is coming off. I do not think it is a miracle drug but something is working. At least it broke the plateau. A tad different is that my aunt drank pickle juice her whole life. She had one surgery in her 90's. She was not overweight. Must be something.