Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar: Daily?

I can remember over the years where we've gone through cycles where it was chic to treat every bodily ailment with apple cider vinegar.  Books have been written about it.  Thankfully it runs its course and soon goes away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take 2 tablespoons with 8 ounces of iced tea ir some kind of water flavored drink     and it is passable , dont know if I will see any benefits yet to soon to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

The only people who benefit from apple cider vinegar are the producers of the overpriced stuff like Bragg's.  The ignorance of its purchasers only serves to line the pockets of those peddling unconfirmed, pseudoscientive nonsense.

@KYToby  Tell us what you really think??  LOL    You probably believe anything that someone from the medical field tells you.  People have been using ACV for hundreds of years.  Would you rather take some chemical/pill that has multitudes of side effects?  OH, you can always pop another pill to take care of the side effects!! 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I don't think any of the people I know of, myself included, who tried ACV ever noticed any benefits. Those I know who take it do so because they've been told that "it is good" for many things - not because they are seeing noticeable results.

There are many natural ways to treat different things that are great but, in my experience, this is not one of them. It probably makes a positive difference for some people.

Honored Contributor

I tend to combine the medical world with the holistic world on these kinds of finds.  If they both agree on it.........it must be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

If you want to give ACV a try but can't get past the taste, try using it in cooking or make a salad dressing with it.

You may also just need to dilute it in a larger glass of water. I did not mind the taste mixed in a large glass of ice water. I also found I actually liked the taste when I added just a touch of stevia powder. 

Respected Contributor

Yep, it was a thing in the mid 70s.  I have a book somewhere and it was part of the regime to health.  Didnt do a thing for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think there is anything really special about ACV and for sure the stomach acid is so strong it will just wipe it out.  Seems to be a fad.  Maybe in salad dressing?

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some Bragg's ACV last month and it has just been chilling in my refrigerator. Reading this thread prompted me to read a bit about the benefits online this morning and then take two tablespoonsful in one swig. I didn't think it was awful at all! But, then, I like olive juice and dislike sugary items. It must be a difference in our tastebuds. I will let you know if it helps me lose the few pounds I put on over the winter, lol!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I have become interested in ACV since reading "The Obesity Code" by Dr Jason Fung. I tried the ACV and found it to be really difficult to swallow. There are good reviews in using ACV capsules. But I will try to use oil and vinegar dressings too.

Apparently Vinegar is not a fad but the knowledge of the health benefits goes back to the early 1800's. The discussion is too long for this forum but it seems to reduce the glycemic response and increases the feeling of fullness. The use of oil and vinegar dressing is associated with lower risk of cardiovascular desease.

Many Amazon reviewers report the benefits including: Being able to discontinue antiacid meds (PPI's), helps skin and others. 

Users should not expect rapid weight loss.

Thank you for the suggestion of this book!!!