Trusted Contributor

Anyone watching the Bigger Loser Finale - Rachel's weightloss

I always enjoy watching the Biggest Loser each year but when I saw Rachel come out I was shocked at how thin she looked. You could tell by their reaction that both Bob and Jillan felt the same. She was always a big competitor while on the show but I think she took it too far.

New Contributor

Re: Anyone watching the Bigger Loser Finale - Rachel's weightloss

I agree. I was shocked. She looked unhealthy. I hope she is not on the road to anorexia.

Esteemed Contributor

She will probably gain a bit back now that the competition is over. They usually do. It's hard to stay at the finale weight. They are all trying to win that big prize and go out all out the last few days to get down as low as they possibly can. I think she would look really good with about 10 more pounds. She certainly did a good job as far as losing weight goes, no doubt about that.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, another 10 lbs at least. I can't remember how tall she is but she looks gaunt in the face like anorexic gaunt. But yes, I am not surprised she won. And Tumi did an amazing job but I think she still looks healthy. As well as Bobby.

Valued Contributor

OP, my husband and I both noticed the same look on Bob and Jillian's face - it was like "what the heck did you do"? She looks so unhealthy and IMO, took it way too far. I agree about her face looking so gaunt.

Tumi looked great but she didn't look unhealthy as Rachel does IMO. I also thought that Chelsea and Marie looked wonderful and very healthy.

We liked all of the contestants, although we felt that toward the end, Rachel seemed to be changing and not in a 'good way'.

We were hoping that either Bobby or David would win.

Trusted Contributor

its sad that a person who lost 222 lbs isn't considered the biggest loser. Rachael definitely looked anorexic

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2014 willomenia said:

its sad that a person who lost 222 lbs isn't considered the biggest loser. Rachael definitely looked anorexic

That was kind of shocking. I figured he had it won because 222 would be more than 50% of his body weight too. But Rachel was pretty close to 60%. That's just an insane amount.

I think she will put a little bit back on. Hope so anyway.

Valued Contributor

I think it was a very uncomfortable moment for the show, very awkward. I read many posts this morning discussing her shocking appearance and I have to believe the show is going to get her the help she needs.

The show has come under fire lately and this isn't going to help at all. They should be monitoring them or something.

Even the other 2 contestants looked at her like she scared them. And, yes, Bob and Jillian's facial expressions said it all. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Valued Contributor

Bobby(other contestant) posted this on a thread on fb.

Hey guys it's Bobby! I was joking about my comment about being in the 160s!!! I didn't want to win that badly to destroy myself. I recognize the issues and I will be there for Rachel. She wanted to win and felt threatened by two big guys in the final. She will be fine. I'll make sure of it!!! Love you all!!! Cheers to healthy living!

I'm sure everyone there is aware and they will have to make it right.

Honored Contributor

The premise of this show actively encourages disordered eating/losing, and it's been this way since the first show was broadcast. It is not intended to inspire fat people to achieve a healthy lifestyle.