Super Contributor

I love the guilt factor that keeps me from eating something bad, knowing that I have to put it on the list of things eaten.

I'm being 100% honest with this. I want to really see how my eating habits affect my health.

I had a 19oz rib eye yesterday...there went 1200 calories! OUCH!

Contributor

Re: Anyone using Myfitnesspal?

I have used it for four years. I love it, it is amazing how quickly you can use your calories and overeat. I never used to feel bad about a 90 calorie granola bar, now I think twice about it if I am nearing the end of my allotted calories! It also forced me to exercise more because I wanted the extra calories!!!! Lol!! Prior to fitness pal I always thought I ate too much fat, I learned that I never came near my fat count but my sugar was waaaayyyyy over. I have lost about 25-30 pounds. The ease of use and real life calories count is just what I needed!! How long have you been using it?
Honored Contributor

I use Cronomter, but Myfitnesspal is another great online nutritional tracker! It's AMAZING to see the macronutrients of ordinary food.

It's a common concern within certain types of eating lifestyles that we're not getting enough protein. My coach asked me track my food for a couple weeks w/ Cronometer.....and many, many myths were dismissed!! I threw out all my supplements & vitamins (yes, you get everything w/ food) & began losing weight, to boot.

There's another thread, currently trending, where I mentioned Iceberg Lettuce not only has carbohydrates, but EFAs, protein & fat...yes, FAT! I rec'd several comments doubting my knowledge, but nope...these online nutritional tracking programs are an EYEOPENER!

Wish everyone would track their food for a day or week...if anything, just to make sure they're meeting the nutritional requirements.

Glad you found your A-HA moment!!

Honored Contributor

Helped me lose 85 pounds. I've logged in about 465 continuous days. An excellent tool.
Regular Contributor

On 8/25/2014 violann said: Helped me lose 85 pounds. I've logged in about 465 continuous days. An excellent tool.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Honored Contributor

I use it for tracking my food but I don't let MFP decide my calories or macros. I do that myself. I like being able to see trends, what was eating/doing when. It is helpful. I've lost over 100lbs.

There are quite a few decent trackers available. The success comes from how/if we use them.

Trusted Contributor

Just started on July 7th and have lost 25 pounds! OMG I was a train wreck and now I am back on track. Best of luck and congrats to all trying to get healthy and/or to lose weight!

Cindy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 8/25/2014 Josea922 said:
On 8/25/2014 violann said: Helped me lose 85 pounds. I've logged in about 465 continuous days. An excellent tool.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Thanks so much ! It's changed my life!
Trusted Contributor

My daughter has used it since July 2013 and has lost well over 100 pounds! She loves it !

Respected Contributor

I've noticed if I don't always push the button "complete this entry" at the end of the day, it acts like I didn't chart every day. So because I forgot to "complete" the past 2 days (even though I entered all of my food) it will start over my "so many days in a row" count.

Just a minor gripe. lol