Honored Contributor

Friend of mine had to stop taking it, it made her fall asleep all the time.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, yes, my niece used it for fibro....and she appeared drunk or high when she took it. 

Trusted Contributor

I tried it once and it didn't work.  I've been taking Gabapentin a long time and it doesn't make me sleepy.

Valued Contributor

You  cannot drink alcohol with Lyrica because it will make you appear drunk or high , As a matter of fact thats whet drug addicts do to get high with lyrica, they drink alcohol with it , I have been on lyrica for nerve pain . It works but it does make me sleepy sometimes so I only take it when I need to now,

Cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I tried it once and it didn't work.  I've been taking Gabapentin a long time and it doesn't make me sleepy.

@henderson wrote:

@henderson - they put a old dog of mine on Gabapentin once - he was running into walls when he was on it - falling off of the stairs out back, he acted like he was drunk  - it was horrible.  She offered me Gabapentin and I said no. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle - made me very sleepy - I went to bed at 8:00 and slept through night - woke relaxed though!  Don't think I'll be taking anymore of it - I need to function.