Esteemed Contributor

Anyone use Glucosamine Chrondroitin for joint pain??

If so, have you gotten relief?? Tia!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use Glucosamine Chrondroitin for joint pain??

It didn't help me at all.  I took it for a copule of years hoping it would provide relief, but, alas, it didn't help even a little.

Honored Contributor

I take Andrew Lessman's Maximum Joint Effort which is glucosamine and chrondroitin, MSM and curcumin.  I also take his ginger and turmeric for joints.

I took his plain glucosamine and chrondroitin and didn't feel like it did anything for me.  The above combo has been very helpful for me, but I don't have chronic pain or anything other than a knee that I aggravate from time to time.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I tried it recently, and it gave me intestinal issues.  Gave it up before I had a chance to see if it served its intended purpose.

Respected Contributor

my doc did recommend this for me when i first went to her regarding my joint issues.  

it took about a month for it to kick in and start working.   i cannot say that it helped with pain .... but it sure does help with mobility.   i noticed (after about a month) that it was WAY easier to stand up from sitting and easier to exit my car, etc.      i was just moving easier all the way around.  

for pain, (and because it is always worse at night) she suggested tylenol arthritis, and i take one tablet every night.  makes all the difference.  

wishing you well ... 

Esteemed Contributor

None of these answers sound very promising..not sure if I should keep this supplement or take it back...Thanks girls~

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

my doc did recommend this for me when i first went to her regarding my joint issues.  

it took about a month for it to kick in and start working.   i cannot say that it helped with pain .... but it sure does help with mobility.   i noticed (after about a month) that it was WAY easier to stand up from sitting and easier to exit my car, etc.      i was just moving easier all the way around.  

for pain, (and because it is always worse at night) she suggested tylenol arthritis, and i take one tablet every night.  makes all the difference.  

wishing you well ... 

I've started noticing mobility issues..hmm, that would be nice. Isn't it great getting older?? Not!Cat Frustrated

-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@emmysmom wrote:

None of these answers sound very promising..not sure if I should keep this supplement or take it back...Thanks girls~

@emmysmom  Why not try it according to directions. Many people find it helps. It is worth at least trying for a month to see....it takes a while for it to work. Many people give up too soon.

Respected Contributor

I've tried many without seeing much benefit.  My Dr recommends taking it but making sure that it also contains Hyaluronic acid.  The only one I found that had that too were HORSEPILLS!  I usually can swallow anything, but I had to break these to get them down.  Still not much benefit.

A few months ago I saw a Glucosamine Chondroitin Hyaluronic MSM LIQUID product that had no sugar and it's shellfish free with the Glucosamine drived from a vegetarian source.  I started noticing some improvement after about 2 weeks and after about 5 weeks I've found serious improvement in my joint mobility and reduction of pain.

The product is called Wellesse Joint Movement Glucosamine and I found it at Sams Club, but read it's also available at Walmart.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

Honored Contributor

I took it for about 6 month but couldn't see any change.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment