Contributor

Anyone use CBD oil for anxiety?

I am 65 and have had anxiety for about 5 years.  Conventional treatment just doesn't seem to work; so I'm trying to just learn to live with it and/or control my anxiety triggers when I can.  A friend of a friend said the CBD oil really helped her anxiety.  I did some research but am still a bit nervous about trying it.  If you do take it for anxiety, do you take it every day or just as needed when you have an anxiety episode?  And what dosage do you take?  Any side effects? Thanks for any input.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone use CBD oil for anxiety?

Is it legal in your state?  If so, ask a,doctor, they can help.  Yes, it helps with anxiety and some minor pain from arthritis. (for me). It’s worth a try....and I only use it when I need it, not everyday.

Super Contributor

I've always wanted to try it but just haven't yet.  I always have anxiety.  That's just me.  I overthink every single thing and worry about every single person/pet.  

Honored Contributor

I'm ready to try it  myself.

I have a poor liver, can't take other types of pain relievers.

I've heard the dosage can be tricky.

There are so many different CBD products

There's the oil and they also make them into gummy bears and other products.

I haven't worked up the courage to visit the store.

I figure I'd get the hard sell.

They advertise on the internet, the "girl" in the ad looks like a hair flipping, "valley" girl.

Looks like one of the gals in the Bath & Body store.

I would prefer to go to someone who may know what they are doing.

Wish I could help.

Contributor

It is not legal in my state but available at our local health food stores.  That makes no sense to me at all.  Being able to buy in a store makes it appear to be legal?  I'm ready to try something new because the pharmaceutical drugs just didn't work for me.  But at the same time I'm a little bit nervous about it.  I tried discussing it with my doctor and he said there weren't enough studies on it.  My therapist is inclined to think it wouldn't hurt to try since it is available at stores.  Thinking about this decision is making me MORE anxious!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

software: 

I had been very apprehensive about trying CBD products but because of my arthritis and some other issues I have gone to several stores locally and just looked around, asked questions and sometimes purchased and sometimes did not.  I have found most of the employees to be very helpful and not hard sell at all.  I do have to say that I did drive by the store a couple times before I actually walked in the first time.  Good luck whatever you do.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that the CBD oil has had any positive benefit with me, but I only tried it a few times, sporatically, and I guess you have to take it every day.

But weed is totally legal in my state and I definitely find that that helps me, BIG TIME, with anxiety, as well as PTSD and depression.    So, maybe it's the THC, I'm not sure.   

When I'm feeling the anxiety I can do just one or two hits of weed and feel better right away.    That's priceless, as far as I'm concerned, because I can really be taken down with anxiety sometimes.

Also, I'm finding that I don't want to eat anymore and sometimes I have to do it just so that I will make myself eat.  

Valued Contributor

The oil they sell at healt food stores does not have THC in it.  

Honored Contributor

I administer the drug testing program for my company and CBD oil is not consistent across the board and can cause a positive drug test.  Under Federal Regulation, if the testee says they use CBD oil, it is not an acceptable reason for the MRO to overturn the test result, so the result will be positive.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I administer the drug testing program for my company and CBD oil is not consistent across the board and can cause a positive drug test.  Under Federal Regulation, if the testee says they use CBD oil, it is not an acceptable reason for the MRO to overturn the test result, so the result will be positive.

@VaBelle35

Lord love you!

I was asked by my company to administer the drug testing program for my company.  For the first time in my working career I said NO.

Given my position in the company I felt that I should not have this information.  Knowing some of the eruptions that came up, boy did I dodge a bullet!

You are a trooper.  Odd isn’t it how many people do not know the half life of THC isn’t it?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras