Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use AL Glutathione and notice a difference

Also, looking at reviews there is one review about the strong odor.

So it's good that you called and Andrew will probably address this in future shows to prepare people.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 

Was the recent TSV the Glutathione 250?

I should have been paying attention as I wanted to try this.

It's $139 now for the 240, so I might get it anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

I was very interested but thought I'd wait until there were some reviews on it. It's expensive.. Soon, I'll have to give AL my first born son to pay off for my supplements.

Honored Contributor

It just came out in June, so the TS was a good price.

And I didn't need anything this month, so it was a good time to plunk down the cash.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

What are you all taking Glutathione for? I didn't watch his presentations on this item, but I have heard good things about Glutathione in general; just can't remember what was said! LOL! Guess I should take one of his supplements for memory.

@World Traveler 

Thanks for the laugh. LOL!!! I need more of his memory product. I cannot remember $%#&. I told my doctor I have CRS. He said he was not familiar with the term. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I didn't get a response to why anyone on this thread is taking Gluathione, I checked good 'ole Wikipedia. Maybe someone else is interested too. Sounds like a good supplement to take.

Glutathione is an antioxidant in plants, animals, fungi, and some bacteria and archaea. Glutathione is capable of preventing damage to important cellular components caused by reactive oxygen species such as free radicals, peroxides, lipid peroxides, and heavy metals. It is a tripeptide with a gamma peptide linkage between the carboxyl group of the glutamate side chain and cysteine. The carboxyl group of the cysteine residue is attached by normal peptide linkage to glycine.

Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Since I didn't get a response to why anyone on this thread is taking Gluathione, I checked good 'ole Wikipedia. Maybe someone else is interested too. Sounds like a good supplement to take.

Glutathione is an antioxidant in plants, animals, fungi, and some bacteria and archaea. Glutathione is capable of preventing damage to important cellular components caused by reactive oxygen species such as free radicals, peroxides, lipid peroxides, and heavy metals. It is a tripeptide with a gamma peptide linkage between the carboxyl group of the glutamate side chain and cysteine. The carboxyl group of the cysteine residue is attached by normal peptide linkage to glycine.

I'm sorry, @World Traveler . I responded with what I thought was the best answer I could give.

It's been a couple of weeks or so since I heard what he had to say and I didn't want to leave anything out or mislead you about what the product could/would do.

I hope you got the information you needed. Let us know if you decide to order and if so, how it does for you. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Honored Contributor

I responded as well.

Maybe I didn't understand your question?  Or exactly what you were trying to get at?

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 I probably wasn't very clear. ha! My question basically was, why were each of you taking the product? Sort of, WHY did you order it? What do you expect it to do for you? That sort of thing.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see that anyone answered that question, just that they order, that it was on its way, that someone hadn't gotten yet, etc. There was a discussion about the smell of the product, the cost of the product, etc. 

I know I can watch Andrew's videos on each of his products, but I more interested in each person's individual reason for taking the product, and in what way it worked for each person.

Again, I probably wasn't very clear. Heart

No biggie; not going to order it right now since what I learned about it on Wikipedia, it's probably not something I need right now.

My original post asking the question: What are you all taking Glutathione for? I didn't watch his presentations on this item, but I have heard good things about Glutathione in general; just can't remember what was said! LOL! Guess I should take one of his supplements for memory.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   Gotcha

The main reason I supplement is for two hereditary factors:  heart disease and arthritis.

I decided to start taking it because there are some studies that show it is helpful to prevent cardiovascular disease and arthritis.  CV disease is big on both sides of my family, so I supplement with things that are helpful to maintain good heart health such as fish oil, cholestacare and fibermucil.

It's similar to people taking garlic or garlic extracts.  It's the same type of antioxidant compounds, and the most are found in the heart.

So this is a better way to get it and AL states that he makes his bioavailable to get past stomach acid.

It has anti-inflammatory properties that help with joint tissue.

In general, it is one of those supplements that's helpful for older individuals for overall health since glutathione is found in all cells.

Anyway, that's why I ordered it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN