Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use AL Glutathione and notice a difference

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Valstybaby . You say there was a 'slight' odor? The bottle wasn't even close to my face when I opened it and it smelled really strong to me. I wonder if it's just my bottle.

I hope others will comment, but I do appreciate you posting your experience.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Honored Contributor

Mine isn't here yet.  Maybe Monday.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby @VaBelle35 @luv2drive @Harpa @Tinkrbl44  

Found this in an article by HuffPost.

The secret of its power is the sulfur (SH) chemical groups it contains. Sulfur is a sticky, smelly molecule. It acts like fly paper and all the bad things in the body stick onto it, including free radicals and toxins like mercury and other heavy metals.

More info in the article if anyone wants to read it. Google HuffPost and the Mother of all Antioxidants.

Honored Contributor

Mine should be delivered today.  It says out for delivery but that means nothing with my mail team here.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Thanks @VaBelle35 . Fingers crossed you get yours today!

Interesting info @Nightowlz . I had no idea about the sulfur until I opened the bottle and smelled it. I know people who are allegic to anything with sulfur. That would be important information for the consumer. Thank you for that research.

Honored Contributor

What are you all taking Glutathione for? I didn't watch his presentations on this item, but I have heard good things about Glutathione in general; just can't remember what was said! LOL! Guess I should take one of his supplements for memory.

Honored Contributor

Mine just arrived @luv2drive 

No issues with smell when I opened it.  I stuck my nose in the bottle (I bought the largest size) and I can smell a slight sulfur smell (thanks for that info @Nightowlz for the info on the sulfur as I never would have been able to place the smell).

Not unpleasant and not obnoxious.

@luv2drive You might want to call ProCaps and send yours back.

Also, do you have the number on the bottom of the bottle?

Mine is B7302 - maybe you have a different run.

Also, dump your bottle and see if any of the capsules broke?  Maybe that's why yours is a stronger smell.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the follow up @VaBelle35 . I'm glad yours doesn't have the odor mine did when opened.

The code on my bottle is A35566, so it seems to be a different batch from yours.

Very good point about checking for any open capsules. I guess I'll be calling ProCaps to see what they say.

@World Traveler  the best thing would be if you could watch the video of the presentation. AL said several good things about this and it would help more than I could with why you might or might not want to take this.  HTH

Super Contributor

Just got off the phone with ProCaps CS rep. She was very nice.

She said the smell is from the natural ingredients because AL does not use anything to mask the smell. The smell could vary by batch depending on from where those ingredients were sourced.

She also said if I had any concerns about taking it, I should return the product.

Again, she was very nice and reassuring about the product and they appreciated my business.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know what she said.

re why I take it

I liked what I read in the research on pubmed.gov.

I had ready previously a study about Whey Protein Isolate and Glutathione levels.  So when I was readhing about Glutathione supplementation, there were higher levels.

Also interesting to note that it increases the longer you take it.  At the one month mark is where they noticed the increase.  I believe the studies I read were about 6 months.

I will see how it goes over the next 30 days and if it's making a difference I can notice.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN