Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone that can help answering so many questions. Thank you

Image result for thinking of you messages christian

Thank you for the update.  I am praying for your family this morning.

Honored Contributor

It could be a lot worse than kidney failure. He can get on the transplant list, as someone else mentioned. In the meanwhile dialysis will make a huge difference. All the best of luck to him.

Respected Contributor

@viva923

My dad lost one kidney when he was in his 20s.  He was healthy and lived well into his 80s, when he died from cancer.  Please try not to make yourself sick with worry.  I feel that he is in good hands!  16x16_heart.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fortune wrote:

@viva923

My dad lost one kidney when he was in his 20s.  He was healthy and lived well into his 80s, when he died from cancer.  Please try not to make yourself sick with worry.  I feel that he is in good hands!  16x16_heart.png

I lost one kidney to cancer at age 41, now at 69 the other one is in stage 3 failure, but seems to be stable there so far(fingers crossed & knocking on wood). If I have to end up on dialysis - so be it. At my age I don't think I'd take a kidney that would help a younger person to have a fuller life.

Esteemed Contributor

Support your daughter.  But stay out of the diagnosis.  The doctor should be the one to call the shots. Google is wonderful for information but there is so much out there that without experience nothing but worry can be gained from your hunt for information.

And things change and there are always  differences of opinion.  

Honored Contributor

son in law had his port put in the morn about 6am, 1st treatment was at 7am, lasted about 3 hours.

DD was up at hospital just when he was finishing up with treatment. I guess he will have 2nd treatment tomorrow.

DD said his bp got worse after 1st treatment. Bumped upwards.

dh and I are not in anyway in contact with doctors. He has a handful right now. All we do is talk with dd about what is going on.

I google info on things I don’t quite understand what my dd is trying to tell us just to get us a rough overview of what they are trying to do

thebiopsys of kidneys is scheduled for friday but will not be done till bp lowers much more than what is has been lowered too.

this is the latest info I have

DD said DSIL is so antsy to leave, to get home and be in familiar surroundings. DD says she feels that is why he is not getting better. I told her to talk to doctors about this feeling she has and see what they say.

Honored Contributor

@viva923.   It sounds as though you and your family are living a nightmare.  It's funny how life can be so rosy, then change in an instant.  I think we've all learned something from your experience.  I, and I'm sure many others, have been thinking about you with fingers crossed.  I have a feeling this will turn out okay after the medical intervention.  Tell your daughter to keep her chin up; she must be terrified.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

son in law had his port put in the morn about 6am, 1st treatment was at 7am, lasted about 3 hours.

DD was up at hospital just when he was finishing up with treatment. I guess he will have 2nd treatment tomorrow.

DD said his bp got worse after 1st treatment. Bumped upwards.

dh and I are not in anyway in contact with doctors. He has a handful right now. All we do is talk with dd about what is going on.

I google info on things I don’t quite understand what my dd is trying to tell us just to get us a rough overview of what they are trying to do

thebiopsys of kidneys is scheduled for friday but will not be done till bp lowers much more than what is has been lowered too.

this is the latest info I have

DD said DSIL is so antsy to leave, to get home and be in familiar surroundings. DD says she feels that is why he is not getting better. I told her to talk to doctors about this feeling she has and see what they say.

@viva923

If you can, talk first to your daughter and then request that the doctors talk to the whole family at one time.  Before this conference, participants should write down their questions so noone forgets anything.  This sounds like a communication nightmare without the whole family getting the same info.  The situation causes anxiety, worry, wrong information, and no information.  An integral part of medical care is complete and updated info between the doctor (s), patient, and family members.  My prayers are with you.

Honored Contributor

If your daughter goes to the treatment with him or if they are coming to his room to do the treatment  your DD and DSIL should feel free to ask the nurses a lot of questions. Dialysis nurses are generally well informed about kidney disease and dialysis and are usually happy to answer questions while they are there to do the treatment. They are a much better source of ACCURATE information than the internet, esp. as applies to his specific case. They should also not hesitate to ask the doctors anything. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

the little bit I am being told is

DSIL had 2nd treatment today. DD said she is NOT to be with her hubby during this treatment time. I HAVE NO IDEA AS WHY. I ASK DD questions,she get very upset and just begins to yell at me, I just let it go. 

I think those 2 are getting so much thrown at them right now, they have NO idea where to turn. 

Then some friend of theirs told my DD yesterday that her hubby is not at fault for this, he could still have gone to doctor and still have had kidney failure. 

I am putting this squarly on DSIL shoulders. He is just like his father. His father is a mr. know it all and he doesn't need a doctor for anything even tho he has had so many heart surgeries.  My DD tried for years to get him to see a doctor yearly, he just dug in his heels and said no. 

DSIL is very agitated because he is being couped up in a room, not able to leave to take a walk nothing. my DD was going to ask if she could put him a wheel chair to just push him around, maybe sit out on a salerium (which this hospital has several of them) and today it is super duper beautiful outside. I dont' know what the outcome of that is. 

I just don't want to push the wrong buttons for either of them.

2nd treatment was today. DD was going to hospital she called me on cell hands free to tell me, he had alousy night, constantly being awakened by vital signs, and other distrubances. his BP was up all nite to 190/???? but this morn, it was down to 160/??? over whatever.

that is all i know now.