Valued Contributor

Anyone recent Veneers?

[ Edited ]

Ive had bonding done and replaced several times on front teeth due to discoloration. Due to some wear and tear and 3 opinions am having 8 teeth done soon.  The dentist chosen does many veneers and i feel comfortable with him.  Just curious how your orep was and how sore you were following?  I will have temps for two weeks.  

Respected Contributor

My husband has them on his up-per  front teeth .. no real discomfort .. but

man does he have a Hollywood smile ... they look fantastic ... good

luck .....

Trusted Contributor

I had 8 done on top a few years ago. I am super happy with them. I don't remember any discomfort. I did take a xanax for the grinding down part because that takes a while. Then the temps are annoying. I couldn't wait to get that off. But overall, very easy peasy and I'm very pleased. Go for it!

Valued Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

My husband has them on his up-per  front teeth .. no real discomfort .. but

man does he have a Hollywood smile ... they look fantastic ... good

luck .....

Il bet he looks great!  Ive seen preview picks of what i will look like and excited how they look

Valued Contributor

@daisyk wrote:

I had 8 done on top a few years ago. I am super happy with them. I don't remember any discomfort. I did take a xanax for the grinding down part because that takes a while. Then the temps are annoying. I couldn't wait to get that off. But overall, very easy peasy and I'm very pleased. Go for it

so glad you did well and happy youre pleased!  They did give me halcion for prep, said ive done a lot of prep work grinding down my own, and smaller teeth so should be thirty minutes to prep then fit temps.  Ill need a nightguard after actuals to protect.  Not looking forward to temps but anxious for the results!

Respected Contributor

Very, very pleased.

No pain (other than my pocketbook). No more soreness than maybe a filling (from the olden days, LOL).

Good luck, you will be pleased!

Honored Contributor

I am going for a consultation in a week. Going to have veneers on my top teeth.  I will have to hear the process and decide if it is what I want to do,

The thought of  grinding down my teeth bothers me. 🙁

Respected Contributor

I posted about this topic not too long ago....and decided not to do anything due to the information shared...plus cost and having my teeth ground down and the fact they only last 15yrs I believe and I thought could I afford to replace them??  

Here's the link to that thread

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Invisalign-Done-Today-Should-I-do-Veneers-Next/m-p/5387033#M15...

Valued Contributor

I have had my veneers over 20 years.  Had 6 upper teeth done.  The best thing I have done for myself.  No pain and did not mind the temps.  Have had no problems with any of them.  Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

@Terrywu wrote:

I have had my veneers over 20 years.  Had 6 upper teeth done.  The best thing I have done for myself.  No pain and did not mind the temps.  Have had no problems with any of them.  Good luc

Same here, had mine done almost 24 years ago, lasted a long time but I neeed to get mine re-done now, they’re all chipped.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it