Valued Contributor

Anyone order meds from Canada?

My daughter just had her meds jump to over 150.00 a month and she can't afford the increase. She can get it though a Canadian pharmacy for around 87 including shipping.

Wondered if any of you have ordered from Canada.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone order meds from Canada?

I will hit the donut hole by the middle of the year. I take insulin. I found a pharmacy in  eastern Canada that is about one third the price as here. Same insulin, same company. I will have my doctor, who says he will, send up a prescription and order it before I hit that darn hole. It will cost me $350 dollars if I dont get it from Canada. It will be $ 133 there. They will send it in cold pack and it will take a week as I live on the West Coast. The lady I talked to said a lot of people are getting insulin in Canada. If I could get it that cheap in BC I would just drive up there as I am only about 5 hrs away. Go online and check out  prices.

Honored Contributor

I was ordering my thyroid medication from Universal Drugstore until the price more then doubled. I never had any problems.

Honored Contributor

I did before I retired.  For some strange reason my health ins refused to pay for a 90 day supply of a particular med that I needed.  My cost -  $450/month! faint.gif

Canada's price - $70 for the full 90 days!! yahoo.gif

What tickled me was that my treating physician recommended the Canadian pharmacy.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies, Can anyone give me the name of one that they've used and liked.

Contributor

I use CanadaPharmacyOnline.com.  I've been ordering from them for several years with no problems.  My medicine was covered by insurance with a $20.00 copay then it went to $600.00 for a 90 day supply.  The cost from Canada is $297.00 for a 90 day supply.  The people on the phone are always nice and very helpful.  Good Luck.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My podiatrist ordered a med for pain on my foot and my ins co wouldn't pay for it because it wasn't formulary. One tube was $63 out of pocket. My canadian neighbor said it is an OTC drug in Canada and had her daughter mail me a tube . It was $12 including shipping from canada.Needless to say I returned the opne I had bought at walgreens.

Valued Contributor

I just took a look at CanadaPharmacyOnline and they have what she needs, brand name price is 35.00 for 100 compared to 150.00 for 100 at Walmart. The generic is evene less.

Thanks so very much for the help, now she can sleep tonight, she was so worried about it.

Regular Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

I just took a look at CanadaPharmacyOnline and they have what she needs, brand name price is 35.00 for 100 compared to 150.00 for 100 at Walmart. The generic is evene less.

Thanks so very much for the help, now she can sleep tonight, she was so worried about it.

Sounds like a good solution. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My doctor suggested Canada Drug for a medication that is very expensive here in the US, - even with my insurance copay.  I have used them for 4 years now with no problems.  Excellent courteous service.