Honored Contributor

Anyone know of an almond or soy milk not fortified with calcium?

Anyone know of an almond or soy milk not fortified with calcium? I'm getting too much of a good thing, too much calcium. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone know of an almond or soy milk not fortified with calcium?

@Mindy D   I've seen recipes online for making almond milk.  It's very simple and you can control what goes in it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Besides Amond milk and Soy milk.....where else are you getting calcium from...if you are getting too much calcium in your body....it must also be coming from other sources...not just milk...

How many glasses do you drink on a daily basis...??

Honored Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

Besides Amond milk and Soy milk.....where else are you getting calcium from...if you are getting too much calcium in your body....it must also be coming from other sources...not just milk...

How many glasses do you drink on a daily basis...??

I eat and drink a lot of food with high amounts of calcium. I'd just like to cut back on total per day. I'm way over 1200mg every day from all sources. I calculate my minerals. Too much calcium is not good and can lead to calcification of the blood vessels. I've been unable to find any almond or soy milk that isn't supplemented. I was just going to substitute some of my milk with milks with lower calcium but I can't find any. Kachina suggested I make my own almond milk. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   I posted a recipe in Recipes for Horchata, a Mexican rice milk that is very good.  Your request jogged my memory.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Simply Almond Unsweetened Original 

Trusted Contributor

I use this almond milk every morning in my oatmeal.  It's so creamy and only ingredients are Organic almonds and filtered water  Best almond milk I have found but expensive.  I get 4 cups out of one bottle. I buy it at Whole Foods. This is refrigerated not shelf stable.

Three Trees Organic Original Almondmilk, Unsweetened

Three Trees Organic Original Almondmilk, Unsweetened