Honored Contributor

Anyone here have trigeminal neuralgia.............

...if so, what do/did you do for treatment? I posted this earlier but it was deleted for some reason. I have tried Tegretol, Neurontin, Trileptal and Baclofen alone and in combination. I am such a load of medicine I can hardly think. I am taking 15 pills per day. I am contemplating and undergoing consultation for Cyberknife and Gammaknife and would like your experience if you have had either. I am trying to decide which one. I am not a candidate for microvascular decompression as I have MS and the lesions of MS do not respond to MVD.

Thank you in advance for any input you have. I am becoming desperate. This is one of the worst known diseases known to mankind, the reason for years it was called the suicide disease. I have had it for 5 years and can no longer keep increasing medications.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here have trigeminal neuralgia.............

You already asked about this earlier and have a couple of replies? Why have two threads going on the same thing?

Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

You already asked about this earlier and have a couple of replies? Why have two threads going on the same thing?

I believe she said her thread was deleted.
Contributor

My mother suffered with it for almost 4 years & was prescribed anti seizure medications that were of little to no help. Finally, we found a doctor that recommended gammaknife. At the age of 81 she had the procedure done and it was a complete success. After approximately two weeks following the procedure, she was 100 percent pain free. Usually it is an outpatient procedure but, due to her age the doctor had her stay in the hospital overnight as a precaution & she was discharged in the morning. All I can say is that her recovery seemed nothing less than miraculous. My mother passed away at the age of 91 this past year but, she never had a problem with trigeminal neuralgia again. It is an awful & terribly painful affliction. I certainly hope that you that you consider gammaknife & wish you all the best. If I can answer any questions for you, please don't hesitate to ask.
Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 K9buddy said:

Yes, I read that....but it wasn't. It was still on the first page of the Health & Fitness Index.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/qvc+health+fitness/topic/487573/anyone-with-trigeminal-neuralgia.asp...

Honestly, I'm not trying to be the forum police, but I see this often where there will be a discussion on a certain topic and in only a matter of days a new thread is started, asking about the same thing. I alway wonder why people don't do some digging first. Oh well.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I read that....but it wasn't. It was still on the first page of the Health & Fitness Index.
http://community.qvc.com/forums/qvc+health+fitness/topic/487573/anyone-with-trigeminal-neuralgia.asp...

Why should it bother you anyhow? Have you been appointed to police the boards?
Honored Contributor

I was in the process of editing my post when yours was submitted. Please see the above.

Honored Contributor

I was in the process of editing my post when yours was submitted. Please see the above.

If it is troublesome for you, skip on by.