Honored Contributor

Anyone here have a Cubii? If so, what do you think about it?

Does anyone have a Cubii? Do you like it’s. Is it comfortable to use at home? Does it hurt you if you are a user with lower back problems. Is it uncomfortable to use when sitting on a sofa? Any feedback is appreciated. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone here have a Cubii? If so, what do you think about it?

I have it and use it while i work but not if i have alot of typing to do.  Its under my desk.  i had to lower my chair to use it.  I didn't use it anywhere else but my boyfriend did with a chair and was fine with it.  No idea about back issues with it.  

Respected Contributor

I bought a few months ago.  It is very well made and sturdy.  I do sit on my sofa and use it, but you have to sit up straight.  I got it because I have lower back problems and sciatica.  It seems to help me and opens up the hip flexors.  When I started I tried to do 1000 steps a day.  Yes only 1000 throughout the day.  I have now worked up to 6000 a day not at one time but off and on through the day.  My goal is to hit 10000.  It did help me I have to say.  I just took it really slow because of the sciatica.  

Respected Contributor

I have one in front of my wing back chair & anytime I'm sitting I'm pedaling. I do have lower back issues but using it hasn't caused any pain & the strength in my legs has really improved. I'm happy that I bought it, it was worth the money. If you decide to buy one I hope you're happy with it too...Good Luck @Mindy D .

Respected Contributor

I wondered about it, also. I have lower back issues and also bursitis in my hip area. I don't want to aggrevate it any more than it already is. Anyone have those issues who uses it?

Respected Contributor

I have arthritis in my spine, degenerative disc, and sciatica.  I use the Cubii but my advice is to check with your doctor or physical therapist.  Be sure to start slow and work your way up.  Don't over do it or you will be in a world of hurt.  I learned my lesson the hard way.  Now I use it every day and I love it.  Especially on those days when I can't get outside and walk a couple of miles.  I attach my Fitbit to my shoe to make sure I get credit for those steps!

Trusted Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I wondered about it, also. I have lower back issues and also bursitis in my hip area. I don't want to aggrevate it any more than it already is. Anyone have those issues who uses it?

I love the Cubii.  It's very sturdy and the foot pedals are wide and comfortable (no slipping off).  The motion is smooth and glides beautifully.

I have had both hips replaced and am going in for my right knee replacement in October.

My lower back is also arthritic but I don't have symptoms because I do pilate's and have a Total Gym.

My PT told me to start slow on the Cubii and I usually use it every other day for 15 minutes.  I went up to 25 minutes but had to cut back because my knee became painful.  Hopefully after my surgery I'll be able to use it to my heart's content.  It really is an excellent little machine.

I have Parsons chairs in my dining room (straight back) so I just put one of those in front of the TV and slide the Cubii in front so I have good posture.

Esteemed Contributor

Excellent product! I recently bought one for my 93 year old dad. He loves it. It is the best of its type. Very smooth, sturdy, and effective. Good value for what you get.

Frequent Contributor

I also have the Cubii.  I sit in a wingback chair and I am very comfortable using it.  It’s quite enjoyable to use while watching tv!