Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here get an upset stomach from delivered pizzas?

@millieshops wrote:

@Mindy D Can't imagine why delivered pizza would irritate you any more than pizza in the restaurant itself.

@millieshops @I can't compare it to restaurant pizza since I haven't eaten that in years. I'm comparing it to Dijornos which doesn't bother me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

Could be from the cheese if you are lactase intolerant, or maybe too much spice.......or as @Kachina624  mentioned........the GREASE, especially if it's a sausage pizza.......

@Desertdi @I'm not lactose intolerant at all. I think there's some ingredient in the canned tomato sauce they use on their pizzas. Pizzas made with cheese and raw tomato slices, called Margherita Pizza don't bother me. Dijornos Frozen Pizza doesn't bother me. I haven't made homemade pizza in a long time,but if I do I will try using POMMI sauce. It has nothing in it except tomatoes.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I'm the queen of Pizza Hut.  I normally get their super supreme or their pork/beef mix.  Never an upset stomach.

@Mz iMac @I recently returned to PH. My first two pizzas from them did not bother my stomach. They were pepperoni, stuffed crust with extra cheese. There was barely any sauce on them. No problem. My third pizza was the same order, but there was a great deal of sauce. My stomach was really hurting after eating. This is my stomach, upper GI heartburn type pain.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Could be the sauce is too acidic for your stomach.  

@Allegheny @I'm thinking it's the citric acid that's added to the canned sauce. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Mindy D Why do you keep ordering?  If it is the same place it is possibly because they are nasty and using stuff out of date or not safe or all sorts of reasons. 

@Sooner @I had no problem with my first two orders. That's why I ordered again. It was the third order that I had a problem with. I'm thinking of trying to order one more time but asking for no red sauce and just eating one piece to see.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get them when I have eaten frozen pizza so had to stop.

I always put some paper towels on top of any pizza I order to soak up

grease and oil.  have not had pizza since before this pandemic but craving it!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I'm the queen of Pizza Hut.  I normally get their super supreme or their pork/beef mix.  Never an upset stomach.

@Mz iMac @I recently returned to PH. My first two pizzas from them did not bother my stomach. They were pepperoni, stuffed crust with extra cheese. There was barely any sauce on them. No problem. My third pizza was the same order, but there was a great deal of sauce. My stomach was really hurting after eating. This is my stomach, upper GI heartburn type pain.

OMGosh, that would be a problem for most people.  Yikes!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes pizza seasoning. First time they put it on the pizza it was good. Second time they put it on pizza they used too much. I think it was the oregano that messed up my stomach. I have not ate pizza since. It's been a long time. Sounds good less the seasoning. I like the thin crust with light sauce.

When I eat stuff that does that to my stomach I tend to not eat it again.