Frequent Contributor

Anyone have experience with Cronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.

My mom, 86 yrs, was diagnosed today with CLL. She has opted to not treat it. She is also battling her 3rd bout of pneumonia since March and is just recently under hospice care. 

My my question is, is the progression of this illness painful?  I know there is medication to help with pain. How fast did your loved one  progress? They say it's progression is slow but her white counts have almost doubled in 2 weeks,  21k to 40k.  How high do white counts go to know the end is soon?  

I realize I need need to speak to her PCP and a Hematologist but I was just wondering about your experiences.

Thank you. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have experience with Cronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.

[ Edited ]

A lot depends on your Mothers progression with the disease.  What stage is she?  Has she had a CT or PET scan to determine if her organs are affected as well as her lymph nodes.?

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

Someone very close to me was diagnosed with CLL twelve years ago while in her 40's. She has never had any elevation in her numbers snce then. She sees her oncologist yearly now. Of course, every person is different. I will keep you and your mother in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

My Dad had CLL for years and to my knowledge had no pain from it, but he died from something else.