Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have a thyroid nodule with normal thyroid levels?

@ellaphant 

Yes.

Nodules, with good thyroid functions.

After twice attempting to get a sample of a nodule via fine needle aspiration, they gave up and removed one by surgery.

My left thyroid lobe, and it's nodule(s) are still intact, but I have to take levothyroxine now to compensate for the thyroid lobe they removed.

Valued Contributor

I have thyroid nodules.

My mother had them. I think at least one of my sisters do as well.

I have had blood work done and also biopsies and so far they all seem to be normal.

My thyroid even enlarged after having the flu shot so I had to have it aspirated and it was reported as benign. 

I went last yr to the doctor and she said two yrs to have the ultra sound and to see her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant May I ask how this was discovered?  I have Hashimotos and take Armour thyroid.  My levels have been good for a couple years now.  How do they look for nodules?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@msgb wrote:

I have thyroid nodules.

My mother had them. I think at least one of my sisters do as well.

I have had blood work done and also biopsies and so far they all seem to be normal.

My thyroid even enlarged after having the flu shot so I had to have it aspirated and it was reported as benign. 

I went last yr to the doctor and she said two yrs to have the ultra sound and to see her. 

@msgb   I find that scary about your thyroid changing with a vaccine.  Did it after getting the Covid shot also?  TIA

Regular Contributor

@tends2dogs I'm not the OP but my primary care physician felt my thyroid and it felt enlarged, so she sent me for an ultrasound to check, as my bloodwork was fine.  They noted the size of the nodules during the ultrasound and I go every 2 years to make sure they are not getting any larger, so far they have not.

@tends2dogs wrote:

@ellaphant May I ask how this was discovered?  I have Hashimotos and take Armour thyroid.  My levels have been good for a couple years now.  How do they look for nodules?

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Pixie66 .  My PA always checks my neck at my yearly visits so it must be he hasn't noticed anything.  I go this week and will ask him to make sure.  Thanks for responding!

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

TIA

I was brushing my teeth and noticed it.....it's about the size of a grape...and it moves.

Went to the doctor the next day - my blood work showed all normal thyroid levels and I have no thyroid problem symptoms. Having an ultrasound soon. 

Respected Contributor

OP here- thank you all for your replies, very helpful.

Valued Contributor

Each person is different and experiences things differently/