Occasional Visitor

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

If you mean C Reactive Protein blood test yes. 

Trusted Contributor

Why not just say what it is?

COPD

ALS

COLD

IBS

ARDS

CAD

URI etc.............

The list goes on.  Too many to keep up with.  I don't usually know what someone is referring to unless they just say what the disease is.

Honored Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

Why not just say what it is?

COPD

ALS

COLD

IBS

ARDS

CAD

URI etc.............

The list goes on.  Too many to keep up with.  I don't usually know what someone is referring to unless they just say what the disease is.

It's a rare condition. If you have it, you'll know. It's extremely debilitating and incurable. Not like lots of people have it. One of the forum posters, Stormygirl23, has it. I'm presuming the OP only wants to hear from people who have it and know what it is.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/complex-regional-pain-syndrome/basics/causes/con-20022...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I took it to be the "old" civil service retirement system.

Occasional Contributor

My friend has the awful  thing. We just back from Clearwater Fl. where he had a ketamine infusion treatment. Hoping this treatment last for a few months, because it is very expensive.

Honored Contributor

As in RSD?

My niece has it.  It was diagnosed after she broke her foot, took a long time for her to get the diagnoses.  She spent almost a whole year on bed rest, any little vibration would set off a flare.

She recently injured her knee on her other leg and it's started to show up in that leg.

There is no cure for it but she was able to put herself into remission through exercise.

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

@Stormygirl123

Yes.   Also, @sfnative has experience with this.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@Lakecottage5 Yes I have RSD/CRPS Type 2 for 20 plus years. Am in atrophic contracture stage and now has spread body wide. I dont know why it can be self limiting in some folks and completely debilitate others. In 2009 while in Hospice I had an implanted morphine pump installed. There is no improvement in function now and my care is pallative only. Do you have a specific question? Smiley Happy This surgery was the cause of my CRPS...in trying to fix a leg deformity one of those pins went right thru a major nerve. Now I have major deformity. Oh well thats it in a nutshell.surg.jpg