Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone had things frozen off at the dermatologist?

The PA said it would take a week and , lo & behold, last night when I got my bath the first came off. Now it is a smooth pink area that I'm sure will soon disappear. On exactly the 1 week day.I'm confident the rest will do the same very soon.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The PA told me the wart on my leg would not scab but should be more like a blister - and it was. This afternoon I felt something wet on my leg and here it had opened - a drop of clear liquid came out and the top of the blister was hanging there, so I took it off.Now it looks like someone had a blister and opened it but it doesn't hurt like a blister - no pain at all.I washed it well, no pain even with soap on it. 

No wonder I became a nurse - this stuff is very interesting to me. i should have worked for a dermatologist.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one on my eyelid the other eye h as one too. I said no when the doctor asked but a nurse or  will probabl will? came in th e last time I was at th e doctors I asked about the procedure and after they put something on it it will fall off..Will ask more about the procedure when I go back so if is as easy described I will probably get it done.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949

@151949 wrote:

I've never had this done before so I don't really know what to expect. What was frozen off were not cancers but were hyperkeratosis ( thick brown spots) and one wart. It was done 4 days ago. They are now dark brown areas  with red inflammed circle around them. They told me "They will develop a scab then when the scab heals , they'll be gone."

That doesn't sound like what I'm looking at. Unfortunately, I can't call the office until Monday as they are only in our small town one day a week.

Done all the time. Takes a few weeks to clear up.  I am going next week to Derm, because came back after frozen.    They are not cancerous, but frozen doesn,t take care of them.  Had the same under eye.  Frozen did nothing, but cream did and it did not return.