Honored Contributor

Anyone had things frozen off at the dermatologist?

I've never had this done before so I don't really know what to expect. What was frozen off were not cancers but were hyperkeratosis ( thick brown spots) and one wart. It was done 4 days ago. They are now dark brown areas  with red inflammed circle around them. They told me "They will develop a scab then when the scab heals , they'll be gone."

That doesn't sound like what I'm looking at. Unfortunately, I can't call the office until Monday as they are only in our small town one day a week.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone had things frozen off at the dermatologist?

@151949@I put Manuka Honey umf12 on my wounds to help them heal...no scars.I think that honey is the best for healing.You can read about it and decide if you want to try it..My wounds were from a fall though so yours are different.

Honored Contributor

I've had a ton of pre-cancerous little areas frozen off, never a wart or a dark thick area, but I know that it has taken more than 4 days to get back to normal.  I think that I would want reassurance that things look like they are supposed to at this stage and go to a walk in clinic and have it assessed, at least you would kinow for sure.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Yes, had it done....the 'spray' was very cold....I had something similar to what you describe.   Mine developed a scap and dropped off.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I had what I called a beauty mark under my nose a couple years ago.  It was a raised freckle.  After it was removed, I was told to keep a bandaid on it a couple days.  It scabbed over and that was the end of it.  I don't remember anything being inflammed.  I seem to remember being given some sample packs of ointment to put on it.

Valued Contributor

I've had a ton of this kind of blemish removed. It can be sore and red for a few days, but I would go to a walk-in clinic just for peace of mind. I've usually been given small packets of bacitracin to speed healing.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I was told to put Aquaphor on mine.

I had a very large cyst frozen off my leg to keep it from getting knicked when I shaved.  That took a lot longer to heal and is a very dark red now.   It's been several years.

The ones on my face healed and left no scar.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Yes, a couple of times.  It didn't hurt--it was just kind of uncomfortable.  It takes a few days for it to scab up and heal up.

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies. I really like this dermatologist but since she goes around to several small town offices on different days I can only see her on Mondays. 

The PA said vaseline and a band aid for 3 days, then just wash as normal.They are on my back so it's very difficult for me to see them & caring for them was up to DH.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949

I just had 1 done earlier this week, and another spot on my chest excisied and cauterized(waiting for biopsy results).The spot on my face was done with, I believe, Nitrogen. My GP did the same with a spot on my cheek a year or so ago. It did take awhile for the scab that formed to drop off, but no redness or discoloration.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)