Super Contributor

Re: Anyone had Carpal tunnel surgery? Pain med given?

wilma  Good to hear about your friend! I hope more people respond. I added to my topic about if they needed any pain med and what was given? I am suffering and the pain is just so draining I do not have energy to do anything! Take care of your self so you can take care of others. ~ Sunshine

P.S. Your pic is just adorable : ) brought a smile to my face.

Super Contributor

Sunshine....please just get your self fixed. Your miserable, I know the feeling..was there for 18 years as I said earlier..  after you have the surgery you will be just like the rest of us, wishing you had done it long ago and kicking yourself because you waited so long. Yes I was given pain medication after the surgery to take if needed. I believe it was percoset, but I didn't need it at all. For the first time in what I felt was forever, I had no pain at all compared to what I had been living with so long, Be good to yourself...and get the surgery. I swear you won't regret it.

Valued Contributor

I had the surgery in both hands (not at the same time) back around 2005 or 2006. I am a pianist, and it got to the point I suffered extreme pain while playing (and doing just about anything else too).  Both surgeries were successful, and, although I have arthritis now in my left thumb, everything else is just fine. As I recall, I was given Vicadin.  The recovery was several weeks (soft cast). I had some physical therapy after. Would I do it again?  Absolutely!  

Super Contributor

chihuahuamom

Mahalo for your reply.

I am glad you are able to play music, what a wonderful talent!

I had an acquaintance in San Francisco that played beautiful music on the piano and she was also is a music teacher.

I am happy for the successful operations, sorry about the arthritis I hope its not painful and doesn't interfere with your music, which is such a gift!

I guess there is not much we can do for arthritis, I suffer with it in my back, feet and hands!

I am just waiting on my insurance, so I can move forward and get my hands taken care of.

This will be my first elective surgery, I have a very low pain thresh hole, that worries me and made me cancel my first surgery for this a few years ago!

Share your beautiful music with others, it is so healing...

sunshine&rainbows