Super Contributor

Re: Anyone had Carpal tunnel surgery?

No worries poppinfresh, thank you for even replying! I am new to this board, thread, community thing?! So I never know what to expect or if people would even reply. I am grateful that others did share. It is a personal decision. Both hands at the same time! That sorta made me chuckle : ) how in the world would you wipe your ----! He had a very good reason for not doing both, you would of needed a lot of help afterwards. Thanks again for sharing ya'll Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ Sunshine

Super Contributor

I suffered and tried to tuff it out for over 30 years until it got so bad I could not. I had no felling from my shoulders down and no feeling in my hands and arms. I had to sleep sitting up. I had my left done first, then right. Right after the first surgery, even in the Recovery Room I could tell there was relief. I went back to work full time as an RN after each one. I don't know why I waited so long. It was like living a new life after the surgery.
Super Contributor

Ha ha ha...well, when they wrap your wrists from surgery, your fingers are still free..I could have wiped my a** without a problemSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

poppinfresh My bad should of realized that when you said you had the squeeze ball and being able to hold your cup of joe : ) For some reason I thought you would be in a hand and wrist type of splint and or be bandage from your wrist down? I'm a learning. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

allthatsgood I am so glad you healed and felt better. Waiting to long hmm sounds like me.

I just want to thank you and all nurses for the wonderful work you do, I have the utmost respect for people in the medical field, you are a special breed, and keep us going mahalo Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ Sunshine

Super Contributor

Sunshineandroses, that was so kind and sweet of you, and so very unexpected when I read your post this morning. I accept that beautiful post on behalf of all nurses who try to make others loves better and provide comfort for those they can't. I am so thankful that I had the skills to take care of the most wonderful, loving person I have ever known, my Mom who was on Hospice for 5 years. Giving back brings the heart and soul joy beyond belief.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@allthatsgood  I had the pleasure of working with Doctors and Nurses, at the Health Center as a diabetic health represenative, also the Hosp. ER I was a volunteer firefighter and E.M.T. and ambulance driver in our small town where I used to live up in N. CA very small town we don't even have a stop light and the nearest hospital is a 45 min drive, if CAL STAR was needed and the weather was clear over the mountains the helicopter would come in.

I too was with the most loving wonderful person I have ever known, my Mother who was on Hospice one year ago. Thank you for your story it really touched my heart. Thanks for sharing how much nurses are appreciated and needed.   Take care of your self so you can take care of others ~ Sunshine

Super Contributor

I had carpal tunnel in both hands but the right hand was worse than the left.  Scheduled surgery and was out of work for almost three weeks and it was so funny that the left hand stopped hurting.  So strange.. About 4 years later while still at the same job the left one became inflamed and returned to the same surgeon..  Surgery again and out for several weeks - not much pain but could not return to work that fast according to Human Resources.  Glad I had the surgery and hands are fine..

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

wonderwomen01, Sorry you had to have the surgery twice on your left wrist?

It does give me hope from all the responders that they did not suffered after the surgery and recovered quickly, and they were glad that they had the procedure done. Mahalo for your response. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others. ~ Sunshine

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone had Carpal tunnel surgery? Pain med given?

A friend of mine had it on both hands, and she says it was the best thing she ever did. Sorry, I don't know details, but I saw her daily before the surgery, and she was miserable.  Months after the surgery she was happy and thrilled with her results.