Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone follow a Paleo diet?

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot  Thanks for the information.  I knew the relationship between inflammation and fat, but I appreciate the details and will do more research.  My challenge is with fat mass:  weight loss, but also muscle mass loss.   Body fat is too high.  I'm thinking I'm going to have to go heavier (weight training) to change this situation.  

Love when you share your knowledge....thanks.  

Valued Contributor

Paleo is a tough diet to follow, but people who do it feel better. They eat clean. Bottom line, it's about eating clean. If you eat whatever you currently eat and eat organic, healthy carbs, dark chocolate with no soy etc. you will reap huge rewards and reduced inflammation without the struggles of eating Paleo. Research clean eating the Paleo way. They avoid anything that can be toxic. There is controversy over some foods though, so even if you incorporated 80% of eating clean, I would expect you to see a huge difference in your symtpoms. My general rule is if it comes from the Earth or had a mother and makes you feel good, then it is fair game, but it has to be free of toxins. Be warned that once you start educating yourself, you will be mortified at what you have consumed, and you can't unknow it. Keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Paleo is a tough diet to follow, but people who do it feel better. They eat clean. Bottom line, it's about eating clean. If you eat whatever you currently eat and eat organic, healthy carbs, dark chocolate with no soy etc. you will reap huge rewards and reduced inflammation without the struggles of eating Paleo. Research clean eating the Paleo way. They avoid anything that can be toxic. There is controversy over some foods though, so even if you incorporated 80% of eating clean, I would expect you to see a huge difference in your symtpoms. My general rule is if it comes from the Earth or had a mother and makes you feel good, then it is fair game, but it has to be free of toxins. Be warned that once you start educating yourself, you will be mortified at what you have consumed, and you can't unknow it. Keep us posted.

Grains are generally avoided on a Paleo Diet, so the OP really couldn't just eat whatever she currently eats, just adding "clean".