Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone ever have Breast Implants?

I Feel the same. I'm just over it. Although i know my case will be a little more difficult because they're under muscle. Also because of the lipo and fat transfer to follow. I cant wait to get this over with. I actually weigh the same as i did 18 yrs ago so i don't think im gonna have any added size surprises.
Occasional Contributor

8 yrs ago I got a breast lift and anatomical saline implants. I went from an A to a small D-- just a bit bigger than a C. I love them and feel like this is me. My breasts were like deflated balloons after having 2 children. Now they're just right. My implants are under the muscle. I definitely recommend!
Occasional Contributor

On 6/6/2014 gazelle77 said: Can they fix sagging breasts without using an implant?
Yes. You can get a breast lift without implants.
Super Contributor

It's really a personal choice for any woman to have implants. But having had needed surgery for my lumbar issues...why though cut into healthy tissue? Why do women elect to have a surgeon cut them open and place silicone bags in your body (whether they're silicone through-out or saline with silicone shell. I have 6"" scar on my lower back.

Honored Contributor

My daughter had them several years ago. She's never regretted it. She worked for well known plastic surgeons.

She said to make sure they put it under the muscle. She said if they don't put it under the muscle it will look like grapefruit like some of these celebrities.

Frequent Contributor

Although they can put implants under the muscle in any body type, under the muscle is usually recommended for thin women without enough body fat or not enough natural breast tissue to cover rhe implants. Small implants placed over the muscle with some with sufficient breast tissue can give natural looking results. But most women usually want to jump about two cup sizes or more. Going too big too for your frame can sometimes yield perfect looking breasts, but perfect breasts don't necessarily look natural.
Contributor

I never had any experience with breast implants and don’t plan to have any in the future. No. it’s not something I’d really want to get into.

Super Contributor

My doctor is running a Summer Special, regularly $8500, on sale for $6950. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

They are the 'gummy bear' implants. If you cut them in half, they retain their shape.

Honored Contributor

So many horror stories of implants. I had mine reduced, so it's always a mystery why someone would want them bigger!! Smiley Very Happy. Having that foreign object in your body can cause all sorts of immune issues, as well. Just too much to risk....might not see issues today or next week...but a sloooow progression of illness to wake up one year to realize it's because of your implants. Good luck with whatever decision you make,

Super Contributor

On 6/30/2014 sidsmom said:

So many horror stories of implants. I had mine reduced, so it's always a mystery why someone would want them bigger!! Smiley Very Happy. Having that foreign object in your body can cause all sorts of immune issues, as well. Just too much to risk....might not see issues today or next week...but a sloooow progression of illness to wake up one year to realize it's because of your implants. Good luck with whatever decision you make,

She said she's having them removed. Not getting them.

I say good for her to have them removed. Much healthier in general.