Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else here take one 10/325 Ocycodone per day for pain exceeding level 5?

@sfnative wrote:

@151949

Cannot take tramadol.  See a new pain doc next month.  Horrible pain doc resources in this city in which we now live.  Took 2.5 years to find this one.  Hoping for the best.  Have neuro and kidney complications, so am always a challenge.

I don't like that either. Makes me feel very strange. However, that being said, not too long ago it was prescribed to me when I had a sinus infection that went into my jaw.  It was a freaking godsend.  I was suffering BIG time. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else here take one 10/325 Ocycodone per day for pain exceeding level 5?

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@PurpleBunny  That's disgusting! Since they have clamped down so hard on these drugs in my state, heroin use has skyrocketed.

What do they expect people to do?

I thank G_d every day that I don't have chronic pain......can't imagine how frustrating this is.

Sadly, in my case, I take waaaay too much ibuprofen 800 and it's starting to damage my stomach. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

I take one to two Lortab a day.  I have RA,  Osteoarthritis  and Fibromyalgia and also take 20 mg of Methotrexate and 50 mg of Enbrel injection once a week.  I've had my hips and one knee replaced.   I have never once taken more pain medication than I am prescribed.  Some days the pain in my hands and feet are unbearable, but I keep remaining active doing my housework and I love to garden.  I've tried many different non narcotic drugs for pain and they don't help. I wish I was young and healthy again and didn't have to take any medication. All patients should be treated as individuals by their Physicians and hopefully they  can help them with pain relief.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden. Yes and 151949 is nurse as am I, op is saying all the same things a drug seeker says and does. I can't take motrin, tramadol does not work, pt does not help, etc.

We do not know the other side of this story. I hear some malingering also.

I am not saying her pain is not real, I do understand as I have 2 back surgeries also. So probably she is pain but is not open to trying other modalities. 

Respected Contributor

i take vicodin 5/325  1x daily and another 2.5 at night . if i need to i take the entire 5/325. so that is 10/325 daily

i have chronic post surg pain. over 8 yrs ago,  i had a fusion, discectomy and laminectomy L3-8, S1 with a cage.  i was left with a permanant limp. my foot does not flex. i have never been pain free since/

i am going downhill fast.  my other leg and lumbar are now involved and must i use a cane. recently i saw a new neuro and the xray showed my spine in bowing sideways. almost like a greenstick fracture . the surgery affected my spine above the fusion.

this doctor was young and good looking and  a real hotshot. he said no way would he do surgery on me, it would require another open back procedure plus complications with nerves, muscles, spinal fluid blah blah."  would not touch it.   go see our pain mgmt  guy and oh by the way he doesn not dispense narcotics"    like i was looking for more meds!!! i was so insulted.  my PCP writes my scripts but i did have to sign a contract with them

there are stories every day in the news about the opiate epidemic. i don't want to OD and i don't want to live on laxatives.  i take what i need to get by

Respected Contributor

@sfnativeI'm 68 and have been taking oxycodone OR hydrocodone for over 10 years.  I take approx. 2 each day for back pain.  I also wear a TENS.  I'm so sorry that you are made to feel like a "druggie."  Been there.  My pain doc says the government has a gun to his head (and other doctors) with pain meds.  They have to be more careful than ever so they don't get in trouble.  I'm just glad there are some pain docs who will dispense narcotics for people who NEED THEM!  I was in bed once recovering from surgery; I didn't take a pain med for 11 days.  I had NO withdrawal symptoms.  You are NOT an addict if you take pain meds for PAIN.  The attitude of some doctors, like yours, makes me SO angry!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@sfnative You'll probably have to go to a pain management doctor. The new war against opioids has caused such a mess with patients that need pain meds. Pain management docs are under more tight guidelines (mandatory drug testing for one) and regular docs don't want to be caught up in the mess for fear of the repercussions. 

They are so worried about addicts dying. Wait until chronic pain patients start committing suicide. Sorry to sound so grim, but there are many, many people truly suffering. 

Trusted Contributor

Ok so what is 10/325 in terms of strength? I'm on 5mg of oxy a couple times a day.  I do go to a pain management clinic and they are not worried about my dose.

Trusted Contributor

@Reba055. Yes the doctors are between a rock and a hard place.  Personally if someone is 70 with multiple health problems who cares if they are addicted, as long as they can function and not abusing it. 

Doctor shopping is a real problem also. There is no way to track it if insurance companies don't see it. Some of these drugs are cheap so people Dr. Shop and pay out of pocket.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo 10 is the dose of oxycodone, 325 is tylenol.

Oxy is a form of codiene,