Frequent Contributor

Anyone else had the bad cough that's going around at least where I live?

Have had a terrible cough for about 10 days. No congestion or fever, just drainage in my throat. Therefore I haven't slept very well for all those days. Went to a fast care clinic and she just told me to use allergy meds and cold medicine to help me sleep at night. Did nothing. The cold medicine for night time I have used in the past and it usually helps me sleep. Didn't phase me. Missed more work and on the weekend went back to that clinic and then I an inhaler and codiene syrup with an EXPECTORANT in it!! How does that help me sleep? That made cough terrible til I almost threw up ({#emotions_dlg.scared}). No antibiotics. Missed more work on Monday. Saw a doctor Tuesday. Thought I had some pneumonia hearing a rattle in my lungs. Xray showed NO pneumonia. Yet gave me levaquin (500 mg) to take. So far I'm sleepy which could be from lack of real sleep or the pill I've taken. Anyone have experience with this antibiotic? See some bad side effects elsewhere. Want to take a cough suprressant for sleep but not sure it will mix. Didn't think to ask doc as I thought the cough would slow down once I started the meds. Supposedly, I can go back to work tomorrow. Should be interesting. Hope I actually can work.

Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Never had such a bad cough. I have had bronchitis too in the past after a cold usually. It's been a while but they didn't seem to hang on at this intensity for this long. Bad news.

Just wanted to know if you have any advise and any experience with levaquin?

Thanks in advance.