Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone diagnosed or treating for Sluggish Liver?

One of the best things you can do for your liver is drink tons of water with lemon.  I don't mean a little slice, squeeze the whole thing in the glass. If you need to build up to a full lemon, squeeze half or a quarter in the glass and build up. Make sure you have at least one lemon a day if not more!

You will see your skin clear witin days - Not kidding.  The enzymes in lemon clear out your liver faster than anything out there and the first place you'll notice is your skin.

Do what your doctor says and tell them you're drinking lemon water.  If they don't agree it's wonderful for you find another doctor! 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum  I start everyday with warm lemon juice....I usually add ginger and cinnamon.  I recently found ginger turmeric tea and have been adding a bag of that also.  Great way to greet the day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like lemon water first thing in the AM, as well!

I -do- try to remember to use a straw so the

lemon juice acids bypass my teeth. #ProTip!

@phoenixbrd💛🌼💛🌼

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom I've got glass and stainless steel....I'm a girl scout!  Merry Christmas sister ...we are headed bundled up for the beach in a couple of hours with a basket full of plant based goodies.  Wonderful way to reflect on the joy of the New Year!

@sidsmom wrote:

I like lemon water first thing in the AM, as well!

I -do- try to remember to use a straw so the

lemon juice acids bypass my teeth. #ProTip!

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum

Thanks for the tip! Thst’s great! I will try it!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121

Have you asked your MD to run a liver panel on you?

At least it might be a start.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Another tip....please get all of your lab work results. Most are available online now if older results are not get copies. You should then research about them...what they are what ranges are optimal and so on. I found in my journey thru doctors this can really vary a lot.

I would also recommend stop the thyroid madness site to educate yourself on labs and results. Not all physicians check the entire thyroid panel such as the antibodies...key in diagnosis for autoimmune thyroid disease.
Valued Contributor

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I will start gathering my labs, drinkng lemon water and asking my doctor to run a liver panel when I go in  February. 

We know our own selves and when somethng is wrong and reading and being proactive is a good start. Researching a certain topic is not the same as being an internet hypochondriac. On a side note my husband survived throat cancer radiation and I truly believe he never would have made it (nor me) had it not been for the internet, support groups I found on the topic online as the doctors could never ever explain what was going to happen to him. 

Thanks again and I am looking forward to feeling better and getting my weight and blood pressure down. Happy New Year.