Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone currently on Weight Watchers?

@Kachina624 It was difficult for me because I do not like fish at all.  I used solid white albacore packed in water, rinsed it, drained it bone dry, mixed in lots of mustard, and ate it for my lunch.When I could get cantaloupe it would do a good job of masking the taste. 

My husband lost 55 pounds while I lost 20, and he had much larger portions than I.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My favs, cauliflower cheesecake and tuna green bean chili.

gagme.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Reading your post, you have already answered your question.  You know what you want to do and what is a successful healthy llifestyle for you.  The underlying dilemma is you want to support your friend, but not necessarily join WW.  

This is a challenge, but you might want to be honest and maybe set up another way you can support each other. For example: weigh and call each other daily or report what you ate that day or commit to exercise together....whatever seems doable and agreeable to the both of you.

Wishing you a happy solution and much success with your new lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

There are so many great apps out there now that not only track weight and calories, but break down what your body is getting and targets it to how much you want to lose, or not lose.  The benefit of this is you know how much of the needed nutrition you are getting.

I don't know if WW does this now, but it is so important to be sure your body is getting what it needs to run better, not just x-amount of calories. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Here's the thread we had after covid.

We all lost a lot on the most successful WW program ever.

This will tell you everything.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Girls-Whom-Among-Us-Did-WW-Exchange-Programs-Of-the-1980-...

Valued Contributor

What I don’t understand is the need for the “ buddy “ system when using restrooms! LOL !

Honored Contributor

@Chessa35 Me neither! I've never needed or wanted anyone to go to the ladies room with me!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just joined WW yesterday.  I need to lose 25#     It's all my own food.  I eat a lot of fish.  I never liked the in person meetings, so internet is great for me. 

I got in on the 6 month plan  $5 for the first 3 months, then about $22 a month after than until you cancel.   Early cancellation is about $47.  

Frequent Contributor

I joined WW in January. I answered the questions about my likes and dislikes. There are many zero point foods. For me it's everything for salads, vegetables. I eat chicken, fish, shrimp, lunch meat, eggs. I drink my coffee with half and half every morning for only 2 pts of my 24 allowed daily. For me what's high in points is butter, olive oil, Mayo,and others. I use lite mayo, plain yogurt, skinny girl salad dressing. Beef is higher in points but vegetables and fruits are zero so I fill up on those. I eat SF,FF, Jello instant pudding with a couple of tablespoons of regular Cool Whip. I've had pizza and pasta but have to adjust accordingly. I eat out drink a glass of wine (4pts). I like that there's a long list of restaurants that show the points of the meals. I've been on it

18 wks and lost 15lbs. I feel so much better but I thought I'd lose more by now. If I was a man I'd have dropped 50 lbs. I think I'm paying $16 per month and I do online, no meetings. Hope this helps and sorry so long. 

Frequent Contributor

I'd like to add, there are lots of delicious recipes on the site, blogs for everyone about everything. If you have questions or need help there is Live Coaching 24/7. I like structure so this has helped me. Good luck whatever you decide.