Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Tissyanne. 

Have you noted me as the AUTHOR of the question, Anyone use Restatsis, yet?

That would have been Daring Greatly!

NAES

Honored Contributor

@NAES1

Yes, Daring Greatly is the OP. Systane is available over the counter in several formulations. High Performance, Long Lasting, Balance, Gel Drops to name a few. I like Systane Balance best, but I don't  use OTC eye drops too often. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@NAES1

Yes, Daring Greatly is the OP. Systane is available over the counter in several formulations. High Performance, Long Lasting, Balance, Gel Drops to name a few. I like Systane Balance best, but I don't  use OTC eye drops too often. 

At least you noted that, also. Tissyanne, I had NO knowledge that Systane was available as OTC  for eyes. I have learned something, HERE, very important for the patient/friend that asked me 6 months ago. I really do not think she or husband have insurance when she called me (was in my support group when I taught) asking me if I knew anything about Restatsis?

I do believe she is now on Medicare only....and/or/ additional supplemental insurance.

I have not heard from her since then. I actually was given information from a doctor's office: Systane was similar to the prescription med. I'll have to get back with her and find out for sure. She would not know the difference about any eye dysfunction.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Use Restatsis?

[ Edited ]

I would like to add one more thing to this thread for those that suffer from dry eyes. TheraTears Nutrition which is Vitamin A, plus Omega 3's.This is available at Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Drugstore.com for a reasonable price. If you read the reviews they are very favorable toward helping dry eyes. People that use it say it is superior to other omega supplements. My eye dr has recommended this for me, and I started taking them two weeks ago. Good luck to all of us who suffer from this condition. 

Honored Contributor

My son very successfully used Restatsis.  He had Laser Eye Surgery in his 20's that did not go very well, left him with dry eye and eventually had to wear glasses again.  The Restatsis was an important part of the treatment and worked very well.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I used Restasis for over 7 years.  I also have lower plugs.  Last winter my doctor switched me to Lotemax. (reading this thread, I wonder if this is "in" drug for dry eyes)

I too used 1 vial a day, half in the morning and half in the evening.