Trusted Contributor

Several times over the years I have considered getting a Pilates machine. I watch Marjelen (spelling?) demonstrate the exercises you can do, and, of course, she makes it look so easy. HSN has one as their today's special and I am leaning toward going for it.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal 

check Rakuten out today before you order to see what the %cash back is !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Use A Pilates?

[ Edited ]

every piece of exercise equipment i have ever bought just ends up being something to hang my clothes on.....lol...

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Pilates chair (QVC/Susan Lucci)  I really like it! Motivation is the only thing holding me back.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

every piece of exercise equipment i have ever bought just ends up being something to hang my clothes on.....lol...

@nana59  That was me too until I got the Pilates.  I love it and have had it for about 15 yrs now. 

Honored Contributor

I have used an AeroPilates for about 15 years now.  It's the only piece of exercise equipment that didn't end up as a clothes hanger in my house!

It's helped me maintain my flexibility, although I do admit that I haven't been using it every day for a while like I used to and I sure can tell the difference.  At first, some of the exercises were not easy, but enough of them were for me to keep at it.  And eventually the hard ones became easier as I became stronger and more proficient at them.  The videos really helped a lot in the beginning.

And I think the thing I like best about it is that many of the exercises are done lying down.  My kind of exercise! 😄

Respected Contributor

I don't know anything about Pilates except that while it's good for toning and keeping limber there is no cardio benefit and that's what I want.  The best thing I ever did for exercise was to buy an Ellipttical machine! The sporting goods store delivered and installed it- no more gyms that are a pain to get too, crowded, freezing and blasting music! I now exercise no matter the weather or time of day. An Elliptical has no impact on the joints - or lower back- as a treadmill used to bother my lower back. And , it works! I weigh less- much less than I did in college!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sapphiregal wrote:

Several times over the years I have considered getting a Pilates machine. I watch Marjelen (spelling?) demonstrate the exercises you can do, and, of course, she makes it look so easy. HSN has one as their today's special and I am leaning toward going for it.

@Sapphiregal 

I have had one for many years now and absolutely love it. Only piece of exercise equipment I've owned that hasn't ended up as a clothes hanger.  I don't know how old you are but it's great for stretching, especially as we age, and the rebounder is great for cardio. Thank you for posting this because I have been waiting for QVC to have one to replace my 15 yr old one and never thought to check HSN. 

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I don't know anything about Pilates except that while it's good for toning and keeping limber there is no cardio benefit and that's what I want.  The best thing I ever did for exercise was to buy an Ellipttical machine! The sporting goods store delivered and installed it- no more gyms that are a pain to get too, crowded, freezing and blasting music! I now exercise no matter the weather or time of day. An Elliptical has no impact on the joints - or lower back- as a treadmill used to bother my lower back. And , it works! I weigh less- much less than I did in college!

@ellaphant 

You can get an excellent cardio workout on the Pilates using the rebounder.

Frequent Contributor

I was considering ordering the HSN Today's Special as my very old Pilates machine has more or less run its time.   But, I see the same piece of equipment here at QVC with the stand (that costs $129 on its own).  The Q's price for the whole thing is $399 versus HSN's $369.  

The only thing stopping me buying at QVC is the horrible shipping charge of $56.22.  If they had free shipping I would be sold.

Any ideas when there might ever be a free shipping day again?  

What do you think of the HSN deal vs. the QVC one?