Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Take Voltaren for Knee Pain?

So sorry, folks, that I haven't replied sooner!! I wanted to give the Voltaren (oral) some time to work. It definitely has helped!!!! I was supposed to get hylaronic acid injections and put them off for a while!

Thank you so much to all who took the time to reply to this thread!! I really appreciate it and hope others have learned helpful info, too!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Were you told to eat something when you take your Voltaran? It's usually recommended.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Lindsays Grandma said:

I didn't know it came in pill form. My pain doctor prescribed it for me and I loved it. Unfortunately the price went from $20 a tube to $40 and adding that to the other pain medications I take the cost was prohibitive. I also didn't know the gel had side effects and when my sister told me her son, who is a doctor, didn't want her to use it because of the side effects I was very surprised. I'm going to check out the Canadian pharmacy.

You can get it for $22 for a 150g tube plus S&H at the link I posted above. No prescription needed.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Kachina624 said: Were you told to eat something when you take your Voltaran? It's usually recommended.

Yes. I take it after breakfast.

Occasional Contributor

Been using Voltaren gel for years with great success. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't think it helped at all (the tube form).

And several others who told me they didn't think it helped either.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I took Celebrex for about a month and noticed no difference in knee pain. I have osteoarthritis in my knee. The doctor switched me to Voltaren. Have any of you taken this drug? Does it help with the pain?

Like Celebrex and Vioxx Voltaren is an NSAID. I took Celebrex for osteoarthritis in many parts of my body. Primarily for my fingers and damaged Cervical Vertebrae.

After my 1st heart attack I quit taking it once I saw that another NSAID, Vioxx was pulled off the market because of heart valve issues related to taking it. To me, Voltaren falls in that same category so I would not take it.

If you have no heart issues and/or genetic predisposition to them?  I can tell you that tylenol that I take presently for those same issues, does little more than nothing for my osteo pains.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Question. Last time I bought the Voltaren get I had to have prescription and even  WITH   insurance, one tube cost me $40!  Can I legally order this through this Canadian site  and have it mailed to me here in the US? Is anything on the website legal to buy that you would need a prescription for here?

Valued Contributor

yes , The gel can cause liver damage  if you use it all the time, Have your liver function tested ,

cathy from ma

Valued Contributor

look up meds on ....drugs dot com....

cathy from ma