Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Moving from Healthy Eating to More Healthy Non-GMO and Organic??

I had my blood tests/physical this morning and I was pleased to hear my nurse practitioner had tried the Whole30.  When I went for my physical last year, I was in the middle of my Whole30 and I mentioned it to her and she said she had heard about it and we talked a little about it.  But when I got to "no dairy" she was out.  LOL  She said, I don't know if I can give up dairy, I eat Greek yogurt for breakfast every morning.

She did go 2 weeks on it, but then cracked and had to have cottage cheese in the morning and is using Stevia.  But she said she loves how she feels not eating grains.

It's nice to go to someone who is on board with your healthy eating.

We'll see where she is next year when I check in with her again ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I thought this was an interesting blog post by Mark Sisson on Food Pairings.

I listen the blog posts on podcast when I drive to work.  I like when someone reads to me.  LOL

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-food-pairings-that-make-surprising-nutritional-sense/#axzz3lu85hyi...

@VaBelle35 thanks so much for that great link. I knew some of the information, but most of it was new to me. I've bookmarked it so I can look it over later. 

The information on food combinations that help reduce carcinogens was really interesting. -- The importance of bone broth was something I'll need to think about more. It sounds as though it really should be a part of a meat based meal. VaBelle, is that the reason why you make bone broth regularly? 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777

I mainly use the bone broth for regular cooking where I would normally use stock.  I drank it a lot last winter as part of lunch when I worked from home and wanted to warm up.  It really was more for keeping the flu away during the winter months.

I plan to start drinking about 1/4 cup at night with my protein/MCP mix.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@bebe777

I mainly use the bone broth for regular cooking where I would normally use stock.  I drank it a lot last winter as part of lunch when I worked from home and wanted to warm up.  It really was more for keeping the flu away during the winter months.

I plan to start drinking about 1/4 cup at night with my protein/MCP mix.

@VaBelle35 there's no way that I'm going to make my own bone broth, so I'm going to have to find a prepared version. Do you have any suggestions? 

Or I suppose I could just add a bit of gelatin to my meals. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777  The only place I've heard of that sells prepared bone broth is US Wellness.  That's where all the Primal people buy their stuff.

If I hear of any other vendors, I'll let you know.

It's becoming a "thing" now, so even restaurants are starting to have it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I know these things are for me:

gluten-free 

Dairy-free  

Non GMO

Keeping to eating these reduces inflammation in my body and smooths GI issues.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, don't know if you have any interest in reading yet another book on the subject, but there's a new one out this year by a husband/wife team of microbiologists who are researchers/professors at Stanford. It's called Good Gut (love all these cute names), and talks about the importance of the gut microbiota for health. Super interesting! They favor having a dog (cat would prob work, too) in the house because we need exposure to germs. Our immune system response begins in our tummies. Cat Embarassed

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop