Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Moving from Healthy Eating to More Healthy Non-GMO and Organic??

[ Edited ]

@Tabbycat

One thing you might consider trying is Yoga Breathing.  I took a yoga class a couple of years ago and I really liked that part of it.  It was very relaxing.

I now use that at the dentist to keep me from flipping out in the chair.  I used to take sedation medication just to get my teeth cleaned.  I had a bike accident when I was 5 and had emergency dental surgery as a result and I've not been a fan of the dentist until about 2 years ago.

There are probably a ton of videos online and Wai Lana is a commercial line you'll find at Target and Walmart. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Tabby, this is fabulous!!! By now you should probably be preparing to leave the surgical site, with your new SIGHT!

Just a tiny warning- I thought my skin was pretty good for a 65 yo Belle, until I looked in the mirror with my restored eyes.

Best BEST wishes!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Tabbycat , best wishes on your surgery today. I'll be sending positive energy your way. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

All of you may already be aware of this, but in case you aren't, The Food Babe is another one offering good advice.

I just discovered The Food Babe during my online research last week.  She has great information!

Honored Contributor

She's interesting but controversial.

She gets called out on a lot of stuff apparently.

Her message is good, her facts are a little suspect to many.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

She's interesting but controversial.

She gets called out on a lot of stuff apparently.

Her message is good, her facts are a little suspect to many.

Thank you for your comments, VaBelle.  Can you be more specific?

Honored Contributor

When she was doing her book tour, a few of the interviewers brought up the fact that she is light on facts and research and long on scaring people.

I want to say she was on an NPR show that talked about this.  And also maybe a Mark's Daily Apply podcast.

I will see if I can find them.

But you can also do a google of Food Babe and Controversy and you'll get a whole host of articles on her troubled journey.  She has apparently deleted a ton of stuff off of her blog after being questioned about it.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found it.  It was Experience Life Magazine. She was on the cover and people went NUTS.

Link to Facebook - Experience Life Magazine -- Food Babe Cover comments

Experience Life is one of my favorite magazines, followed closely by Eating Well.  I like the level of detail they put into their stories and give you information to read more or make  your own judgments about things.

I had never heard of her before they put her on the cover and the outrage.  I actually had to unfollow/unfriend Experience Life from FB because it was just non-stop.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

When she was doing her book tour, a few of the interviewers brought up the fact that she is light on facts and research and long on scaring people.

I want to say she was on an NPR show that talked about this.  And also maybe a Mark's Daily Apply podcast.

I will see if I can find them.

But you can also do a google of Food Babe and Controversy and you'll get a whole host of articles on her troubled journey.  She has apparently deleted a ton of stuff off of her blog after being questioned about it.

Thank you for the information!  I just discovered her so I had no idea about the controversy.  I'll have to google her.  Again, thank you!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for finding this information... I'll take a look.