Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Moving from Healthy Eating to More Healthy Non-GMO and Organic??

@bebe777 wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

I would say it's been a 37 year journey I've been on that I still continue as it was in 1978 (when I was 26) that I started reading about health and nutrition and changing the way I eat.  I still continue to learn and put that knowledge into my food choices.  Of course as more non-GMO food and organic food has become available, I get that as much as possible.  I now live close to a wonderful farmer's market which provides great organic choices.  After reading Wheat Belly and Brain Grain, and following the advice of Doug Kaufmann, my food choices have evolved even further. 

It's a continuing process that I will be on for the rest of my life.

You are way ahead of me, Soonersis.

Speaking of Brain Grain, I watched Dr. David Perlmutter on PBS earlier on Saturday discussing his new book, Brain Maker, and the new research on the correlation between the brain and the gut.  Fascinating!

Thanks for posting this. I just found this on my local PBS and will record.

You're welcome, VaBelle.  I'm pleased that you were able to find the program on your local PBS station and I think you will find it very interesting.

Thanks for sharing this information on Brain Maker. Unfortunately it's not being shown in my area but I'll look for it in the future. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

You're welcome, Bebe.  You might check YouTube.com

Trusted Contributor

I have always been a crazy hand washer, too! LOL Everytime I come back from a public place, I wash my hands. I remember when my step-kids were young, driving back from Walmart. I said "can't wait to wash my hands", they said "they don't look dirty!"

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yup.  As soon as I walk in the house, I drop everything and wash my hands in the kitchen sink.  If I have to put groceries away or anything like that, I wash again after touching everything.

It really makes a difference.

People on my floor at work are sick right now. Someone has a horrible cough and someone else can hardly talk.  

We share a copier/printer, so I stack my printing in Secure Print mode and wipe that baby down every time I go out there with Clorox Wipes.  I also walk out and wipe the doorknob to the ladies room down on my way back to my office.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@bebe777 ....  Thank you for your suggestions, Yes, I take a good probiotic and  Nordic Nautrals Omega 3

@tends2dogs ..... I appreciate your thoughts. My thyroid issues have crossed my mind too.

I'm not intentionally ignoring you.

Today I'm prepping for cataract surgey in the morning, Tuesday, @ 6:30 am. Trying to stay calm and not think about too many things today. My BP already spiked again this morning.

To those inclined ....Please, Please, would you think positive thoughts for me in the morning.?  I've had to cancel this once already because of my  high BP and hoping to be successful tomorrow. I'll be back with an update when I can, Thanks so much!

((HUGS))

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Trusted Contributor

I am a chronic hand washer, as well.  Whenever I return home, I immediately wash my  hands in the bathroom sink with Oatmeal Lavendar Vermont Soap which I have been using for more than 16 yrs. for my face and hands.  I also make every effort to refrain from touching my eyes and nostrils (someone once told me decades ago that such touching encouraged colds, and I haven't had a cold since my youth).  All of this combined really makes a difference!

Trusted Contributor

@Tabbycat wrote:

@bebe777 ....  Thank you for your suggestions, Yes, I take a good probiotic and  Nordic Nautrals Omega 3

@tends2dogs ..... I appreciate your thoughts. My thyroid issues have crossed my mind too.

@Today I'm prepping for cataract surgey in the morning, Tuesday, @ 6:30 am. Trying to stay calm and not think about too many things today. My BP already spiked again this morning.

To those inclined ....Please, Please, would you think positive thoughts for me in the morning.?  I've had to cancel this once already because of my  high BP and hoping to be successful tomorrow. I'll be back with an update when I can, Thanks so much!

((HUGS))

Tabbycat, I am keeping you in my prayers that your cataract surgery will go perfectly and that your recovery will be swift and easy for you.  Blessings!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tufts University ADAPT Study Link

Here is a Tufts survey if anyone is interested in partcipating.  It's about the type of diet you are following.  You can also agree to be considered for their study in Boston at the end.

Adhering to Dietary Approaches for Personal Taste (ADAPT) Project! Our research team at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (HNRCA) at Tufts University is currently planning a new research survey to capture dietary patterns and health-related outcomes in adults ages 18 and up. To demonstrate the feasibility of this project, we are conducting a survey to assess interest. Based on the response to this survey, we will be able to demonstrate the feasibility of recruiting for a larger study on dietary patterns and health.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Here is a Tufts survey if anyone is interested in partcipating.  It's about the type of diet you are following.  You can also agree to be considered for their study in Boston at the end.

@VaBelle35 , I'd appreciate any additional information you have about this survey. Thanks!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lovethesea wrote:

@Tabbycat wrote:

@Today I'm prepping for cataract surgey in the morning, Tuesday, @ 6:30 am. Trying to stay calm and not think about too many things today. My BP already spiked again this morning.

((HUGS))

Tabbycat, I am keeping you in my prayers that your cataract surgery will go perfectly and that your recovery will be swift and easy for you.  Blessings!

@Tabbycat I'll be sending positive energy your way. Best of luck!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777

I updated my post with the link and the opening paragraph of the study.  I think I got distracted mid-post.  LOL

@Tabbycat

I'm keeping good thoughts for you today so that you are calm and can get this procedure behind you.  My boss is going in for the same thing tomorrow.  You're both going to be seeing great when it's over.

The last time I was at the doctor's office a woman came out of the office and opened the door and yelled "I can see! I can see!"  Then she said to her husband that she wanted to go out to lunch because she didn't want to go home and see her house because she knew it was probably dirty and she'd want to clean all day. LOL

Good luck.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN