Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Have Umbilical Hernia Surgery?

Thank you for all your replies.  I am a little apprehensive, but am keeping my mind occupied elsewhere by doing crafts, reading, etc.

I found out that my home health insurance will pay for someone to come in 3 times a week (minimum) for 1 hour (minimum) up to $1200 a week, so I'm not too concerned about laundry, cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping.  Thank you, Lord, that I have that insurance.  

From your posts it sounds like the recovery won't be too bad.  I've had three other surgeries that were very serious and had each had a long recovery time, so this sounds like it will be a breeze.  Although I am older now so that may mean that recovery may be a little different.  We'll see.  

Again, thank you for all your responses.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Have Umbilical Hernia Surgery?

@wismiss wrote:

Thank you for all your replies.  I am a little apprehensive, but am keeping my mind occupied elsewhere by doing crafts, reading, etc.

I found out that my home health insurance will pay for someone to come in 3 times a week (minimum) for 1 hour (minimum) up to $1200 a week, so I'm not too concerned about laundry, cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping.  Thank you, Lord, that I have that insurance.  

From your posts it sounds like the recovery won't be too bad.  I've had three other surgeries that were very serious and had each had a long recovery time, so this sounds like it will be a breeze.  Although I am older now so that may mean that recovery may be a little different.  We'll see.  

Again, thank you for all your responses.

I recommend a pair of loose elastic waist jeans to wear until they take the packing out.

Yes, let someone else do the cleaning if you have the chance.  You shouldn't vacuum anyway or lift.