Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Hate Ads for Prescription Meds?

I do not like any medical and prescription ads! I always mute! 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Sometimes rug ads are aggravating.  Other times they're something I bring up to my doctor.

Respected Contributor

Don't mind them so much but if there's a jingle that goes along with them I cannot stand them. 

Honored Contributor

My thoughts are if they were not paying for commercials, medications would be more affordable.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut @Sure, that works, too! 

Super Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

I hate them!

We immediately hit the mute button.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the olden days when there was a ban on lawyers or doctors doing t.v. ads and also banned advertising drugs on t.v.  I have always wondered who drug are are targeting (Public or medical professionals).  Do patients (other than hypochrondriacs) go to their doctors and ask for a drug by name?

Honored Contributor

Actually, the more I've been thinking about those ads, the more I'm grateful that we are being warned about all of the possible side effects.

Unless one reads the side effects stated on the warning paper from the pharmacy, some folks will take the meds and not correlate the side effects with their new meds.

I've seen this happen over and over again.

So, seeing the TV ads over and over again, it prompts me to be more careful and ask a multitude of questions at my doc's office, BEFORE I pick up a prescription.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I don't like the ads either. My question is how do they come up with the names of these meds?

Respected Contributor

@Vivian I do to a point. But sometimes I'm glad to see how many may make the the problem worse, so I can think about if I trust taking it or not. If it ever comes up.