Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Ever Had an Adverse Reaction to Splenda/Succralose?

It's my fault for not checking ingrediants, I just never would have thought malitol would have been in these bars given how health consience Bethenny Frankel is. 

I have bought sugar-free candy before and have been okay with eating a piece.  But that's about my limit.

I can drink things with sucralose and don't have a problem. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, everything I've ever eaten made with Splenda causes my skin to get very warm and itchy, and I have to take Benadryl for several days.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Artificial sweeteners are dangerous ....if you need to sweeten at least stay with a natural product like Stevia.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Trix wrote:

Nightowlz, I too get awful headaches from most artificial sweeteners.  My list even includes Stevia and monk fruit. The only one I can tolerate (in very small portions) is Splenda/succralose.  If I over indulge in succralose I get the same migraine from h. e.double hockey sticks as I do from the others. 

I would like to drink Andrew Lessman's Secure Meals but they have 

Acesulfame Potassium (non-nutritive sweetener) & Sucralose (non-nutritive sweetener) in them. I did not know that 1st time I bought them. I drank one got a headache so I looked at the ingredients & said no wonder. Wish he would leave these out. The sucralose may not be so bad in it by itself. I think I could drink 1 per day without getting a headache but not since it still has Ace K in it makes it a big fat no.
I have never tried stevia or monk fruit.

@Nightowlz

It might be very helpful if you reported this on Lessman's website or FB page .... IMO, at the very least, he should mention this during his presentations.