Honored Contributor

Anyone Drinking Tart Cherry Juice?

Is there anyone here drinking tart cherry juice? What is your primary reason for drinking it? What results are you getting? Does it tast good?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Drinking Tart Cherry Juice?

A former co-worker of mine drinks some every night. She does it to sleep better. Tarte cherries contain melatonin (or the precursor, I always get it confused). Don't know about the taste, I've never tried it.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

It's recommended for helping relieve gout.

Respected Contributor

I was shopping today and buying some Minute Maid 5 calorie lemonaide that I enjoy when I eyeballed the tarte cherry juice at a whopping $22.00 a bottle!

Too rich for my blood!

Trusted Contributor

I buy the bottle you saw for $22 and it is a concentrate that lasts for months, so it is not as expensive as it seems (it appears like it is a bottle of juice that you would go through like OJ, but it is not). I transfer some to a squirt bottle and put a little squirt in my ice water - the flavor is very refreshing. It helps with my joints and it helps with gout. It is a very cost-effective and natural way to help my aging body.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor

I get my tart cherry juice at Trader Joe's.  A 32-ounce bottle is about $4 or $5.  They usually have it in stock, but sometimes they just have the sweeter juice.  If I don't see it on the shelves, I just ask.  It might be in the back room.  I drink about 4 or 5 ounces.  It helps with sleep and inflammation, over ice.  To me, it tastes great.

Honored Contributor

My Dr recommended it for inflammation.  I bought the concentrate and took a tablespoon every morning.  I couldn't tell if it helped, so I stopped it after two bottles. 

Trusted Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I get my tart cherry juice at Trader Joe's.  A 32-ounce bottle is about $4 or $5.  They usually have it in stock, but sometimes they just have the sweeter juice.  If I don't see it on the shelves, I just ask.  It might be in the back room.  I drink about 4 or 5 ounces.  It helps with sleep and inflammation, over ice.  To me, it tastes great.

I echo this post, especially the part about drinking it to relieve inflammation. It is more on the sour side so sometimes I mix it with some cranberry juice and water.

I also buy frozen, organic tart cherries at Costco. I'll eat a few before I go to bed. I do think it has help with the arthritis that has developed in my neck as I'm not noticing the stiffness and discomfort as much lately. I've been using tart cherry items for about 3 or 4 months now.

Next up will be turmeric and tart cherry blend supplements as that is supposed to be the double-whammy punch to help aleviate inflammation.

Honored Contributor

Taking tart cherry capsules for arthritis/fibro pain and to improve sleep.
Also just receive tart cherry juice concentrate, and will be adding that.
With my weak mind, I'm always a sucker for a placebo, but yes, I think it works.
Honored Contributor

We got on the tart cherry juice bandwagon several years ago. My dh drinks it every single day. He swears by the relief it gives him with his minor aches and pains. I live in upper MI now so we just directly to the source, our local cherry orchards, for our juice! You can't get any fresher than that! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"