Super Contributor

Anyone A Member of Planet Fitness?

Sometime this year my little town is going to be getting one, and I was wondering what they are like? Do they have swimming pools? Are you happy with the place? What are your experiences, both good and bad.

TIA!!!SmileSmileSmile

New Contributor

Re: Anyone A Member of Planet Fitness?

I've been a member since July. No swimming pools where I'm from. I love the rate. Very affordable. $10 per month, but they require you to get it taken out of your checking account, which I don't like. So, I was fortunate to get the $99 plan for one year. You can pay any way you want so I used my credit card. They offer this at the end of August and end of December. I love how a personal trainer is included. You just need to be there when she or he is working and they'll help you out. Lots of cardio machines. The weights are usually busy but I don't have a problem doing what I want usually. Since January 1st, it's been packed and crowded. Much better before January, but I anticipate it lasting 2 months.
Esteemed Contributor

We have one. It doesn't have a pool either. Has been open for several months. It seems to always be busy.

Trusted Contributor

My granddaughter goes there and loves it. So far she has lost 70 lbs. and is at her goal but says she will continue to get toned.

Occasional Contributor

I am very happy with my Planet Fitness membership too. I never have to wait for a treadmill or eliptical, even during peak hours. They have some kind of "no grunting" rule so you don't have to listen to those power lifters and body builders. I realize they need a place to go, too but am happy it's not Planet Fitness! There is no pool, or classes, but all in all, a great place to go for the basic stuff.