Respected Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for knee (cap) pain?

@homedecor1   That "pop" you heard and felt does make it seem that it might be a torn meniscus.  Being seen sooner rather than later is key, as others have said.  Icing for it is good to keep the swelling down.  Stay off your feet as much as possible.

If you have a cane, use it on the side where the "good" knee is to keep stress off the bad one.

I have a younger relative who went through this and had surgery with a very good outcome.

If it isn't one thing it's another.  My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

This is a suggestion: try “Deep Blue” by doTerra.

It contains several pain relievers in addition to methyl salicylate.

Also, you might ask your nearby pharmacist if they sell straight methyl salicylate.

It goes straight to the source by putting the solution directly on the area that hurts.

I have used Deep Blue successfully for about 1 year. Could not be without this.

Good luck...I hope you feel better soon💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Have you thought about going to an urgent care center or an ER visit where you can get immediate care instead of putting it off until you see a guy who is going to tell you, most likely, to continue what they told you at Urgent or ER care.  Ortho guys are for surgery.  The internists and family doctors treat the squeaking hinge, the urgent pain.

My husband is a (recently) retired orthopedic surgeon.  Ortho guys are not just for surgery.  There were a number of orthos in his practice who diagnosed and treated.  If they felt surgery was warranted, they referred the patient to one of the surgeons in the practice.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 ..sounds painful...and you are expecting company as I recall you mentioned in another post...I hope you get some relief soon.  

Honored Contributor

Those kind of “pop”sounds are not good.   I suggest ibuprofen to help with the inflammation.   Best wishes for a simple fix.