Super Contributor

Re: Any over counter itch remedy ?

Apple cider vinegar rubbed on bites or itchiness helps. Also, get a small bottle of hexane-free (or expeller or cold-pressed = same thing) Castor oil. Castor oil is the only oil that penetrates the skin to the depth that it does. It is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and a natural anti-inflammatory. Do some Googl or Bing reading on it. Fascinating stuff. It is somewhat thick and sticky on its own though, so I actually mix it with olive oil and some peppermint and rosemary essential oils to make a rub for all sorts of issues. Works a treat for so many things.

Esteemed Contributor

thank you ALL for your wonderful suggestions for my itch problem .   i certainly have many cures to check out now 😺.  Most I have not heard of ,  for instance didn't know that benedryl even made a spray ,  how great !!  

Again,  appreciate your taking  the time to reply 😀

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I use calendula oil on my mosquito bites.  I get huge, golf ball size welts whenever I get a mosquito bite and they burn (like someone is holding a lighted cigarette against my skin) and itches like crazy.

Caledula works better than any OTC or RX I've tried.

@VaBelle35You sound exactly like me.  Bug bites burn and itch and swell horribly on me.  Then I scratch them til they bleed and even scar. I have a health food store near me,maybe I can find this oil there.  Thanks for the tip.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I use calendula oil on my mosquito bites.  I get huge, golf ball size welts whenever I get a mosquito bite and they burn (like someone is holding a lighted cigarette against my skin) and itches like crazy.

Caledula works better than any OTC or RX I've tried.

@VaBelle35You sound exactly like me.  Bug bites burn and itch and swell horribly on me.  Then I scratch them til they bleed and even scar. I have a health food store near me,maybe I can find this oil there.  Thanks for the tip.

I ordered it from Amazon.  I had a hard time finding it locally at health places.  It's not expensive.

I also mix 3 drops with my day moisturizer because it's good for redness (I have rosacea).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Try tea tree oil.  Be careful with it though, as it stains everything.  But it works!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Mix equal amounts of glycerin and Thayers [alcohol-free] witch hazel together in a spray bottle. Before using give it a gentle shake a few times , Spray on area and rub in excess, Use as needed. I use this for my psoriasis and it can be used for eczema as well . Make sure you use alcohol frre brand of witch hazel . I like thayers and you can use  the cucumber ,rose , lavender or lemon scented if you want.

cathy from ma

Valued Contributor

Also Sorion cream works well.

Trusted Contributor

for me

hydrocortisone cream

benadryl cream

winter green rubbing alcohol

Contributor

Calamine lotion

Valued Contributor

Would it help if you soaked your feet/ankles in baking soda?  What about Domeboro?  Would that help?

I know last night when I showered I used a ton of baking soda because I was so itchy.