Respected Contributor

Re: Any one have Asthma been vaccinated ?

Yep--got my first shot last week with no issues.  My mom has COPD and has received both shots with no issue.  I got the Moderna vaccine--not sure what she got.

Valued Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem , my state will be opening for all to be vaccinated  April 5, i was really wanted to hold off till fall to get thru the flu season  but i am worried about any side affects , i am having health issues with my breathing , my health issues are recent  , last 4 months , and t kind of wanted to get this more under control first , but of  course i don't want covid. any problems for any one with breathing problems ?

My husband and son  have asthma and were vaccinated. My son had a headache and a sore arm. No breathing issues at all. My husband was in the hospital for pneumonia in the end of January and received his first vaccine dose on Feb. 23rd and had no issues. He will be getting his second dose this week. Just clear it with your doctor that the timing is right as my husband did.

Trusted Contributor

I have asthma and have received both pfizer shots. I have not had any problems with my asthma after receiving the shots. 

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa   I have Emphysema and I did not have any problems.  In fact I did not feel anything when being injected.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

my DH hs asthma and received both his vaccinations without any problems.