Respected Contributor

Any one drink and enjoy Kombucha ?

i drank it years ago before it was a mainstream drink . And might try the long establishedbrand again , got to watch out for the sugar added  to some brands.

Super Contributor

Re: Any one drink and enjoy Kombucha ?

I had a friend many years ago that drank that stuff everyday! I personally could not get past the looks and smell of it. I was at work one day and she got someone else to try it. they shook it up and opened as I was walking by and it went all over me in a spray. I gagged the whole way home to change my clothes! 

Valued Contributor

I drink Kevita daily.

I drink their sparkling Probiotic drink and enjoy some of the different flavors.

I do not drink black tea and I know that is what is in Kombucha. Kevita does have a Kombucha but I have not had them but my mother (who is in her upper 80's) had enjoyed their Kombucha version. She likes the cherry and some of the other flavors.

One of my sisters has had some of the Kombucha from Trader Joe's and I think she has let her daughter have some of it (my niece is 9). 

I know a number of my other siblings (I am one of 7) like the Kombucha drinks from other vendors. 

Respected Contributor

Did you know they actually limit sales to over 21 on some brands because it has naturally ocurring alcohol in it. Of couse you are not going to get drunk on it , but i believe there are signs posted and are restricted at checkouts. Of course you can buy as much mountain dew with tons of sugar in it and go in to a diabetic coma as you want.

Respected Contributor

Bleeechy, yucky, gross!  That said, I envy those who can get past the smell of it, and drink it.  I cannot stand yogurt, either. 

I'll just have to stick to my probiotic capsules. The good news is that leaves more Kombucha for everyone else, I suppose.  

Honored Contributor

I'll just stick with a nice, hot, freshly-brewed cup of tea.

Respected Contributor

I drink a lot of organic tea also. If i remember correctly it tastes a little like a flavored soda with a bit of fizz.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy a glass of GTS Kombucha every couple of days.  I'm not worried about the sugar content, think it's like 8 grams.  It does say not to sell to someone under 18, I think.  For some reason, I call it beer.  Just reminds me what beer tastes like, haven't had a beer in 40 years!

Respected Contributor

I believe GTS is  the original brand that i tried years ago , i will probably get the ginger/ade