Super Contributor

Re: Any input appreciated....visit from a ""court appointed"" nurse case manager

First, I concur. Get a Lawyer don't rely on boards.

Second, "Nothing at this point will turn his life around"...... True or not this is not something he ever needs to hear. Negative thought produce negative results. Stop this line of thought. You don't know 100% for certain that Nothing will ever "turn his life around".

Get help caring for him. You will need it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Any input appreciated....visit from a ""court appointed"" nurse case manager

On 9/27/2014 VaBelle35 said: Call your lawyer or get a new lawyer. This is unacceptable. Your husband should not be subjected to a stranger in your home by himself in his vulnerable condition.. You and your lawyer should be there.

Workman's Comp cases have particular requirements, as the state regulates how they are to be handled. It's not like a regular tort case, where you get a personal injury attorney because someone hit you with their car, for example. Once the injury is deemed a workplace-related injury, there are certain things that happen.

Her husband's attorney should explain that to them--and he did make a recommendation to cooperate. I hope the OP shows up to give us an update--because it's educational.

Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Campion said:
On 9/27/2014 VaBelle35 said: Call your lawyer or get a new lawyer. This is unacceptable. Your husband should not be subjected to a stranger in your home by himself in his vulnerable condition.. You and your lawyer should be there.

Workman's Comp cases have particular requirements, as the state regulates how they are to be handled. It's not like a regular tort case, where you get a personal injury attorney because someone hit you with their car, for example. Once the injury is deemed a workplace-related injury, there are certain things that happen.

Her husband's attorney should explain that to them--and he did make a recommendation to cooperate. I hope the OP shows up to give us an update--because it's educational.

If I was in charge of a loved ones care, I would not subject them to an interview or exam or home inspection or whatever this nurse has been commissioned to do, outside of my presence. I wouldn't let a cleaning service in while I had a love one in a vulnerable state in my home without being there.

OP has a lawyer. She said he had a conflict and couldn't be at the home for the visit. The visit is rescheduled for a time that OP is at work. If OP's lawyer can be there instead of her, then fine. But it should be scheduled at a time convenient for her and her lawyer.

This visit should not be unsupervised. I don't see the point. It's not a surprise inspection by family services because of abuse or neglect. This is a Worker's Comp case.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I don't have any Words Of Wisdom to give, but you have my love & hugs. When asked, it's amazing how strong our soul & spirit becomes when protecting our loved ones. Keep us updated, K? <3

Honored Contributor

Sister sids....those ARE words of wisdom and truth...thanks.