Honored Contributor

Re: Any input appreciated....visit from a ""court appointed"" nurse case manager

On 9/25/2014 phoenixbrd said:

stevieb...we are not refusing to see him, only requesting that I be present in the room with my husband. He is frail and in pain. A lot has not been reasonable about the last two years.

Can you explain what you mean by "frail"?That word can mean a lot of various things. When I hear frail I think of some person in their 90s who is markedly aged, or i think of someone who is mentally not all they once were. When I think of someone who has an injury and is still recovering I think the word weak comes more to mind than frail.

Valued Contributor

Re: Any input appreciated....visit from a ""court appointed"" nurse case manager

My spouse was injured on the job and he had a nurse case manager assigned through WC. Initially, I was in favor. Well, part of his care included Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy, also physical therapy. The Occupational Therapist gave him a plan of care of things he could do at home in between therapy. Some of the things were to improve dexterity in his hands. Well, he loved gardening so that was encouraged by his occupational therapist. O.K>, know I am getting long winded. Bottom line was WC filmed him from a far away vantage point doing this gardening and it was used against him as "he is well now, he can garden so why is he receiving WC". I would try to gather more information before agreeing to much. When we hear nurse case manager, we hear something good. BUT these people are usually on board to make sure resources and cost are contained, that is the bottom line.

Super Contributor

You need to find a qualified elder care attorney ASAP!

Is this "workman's comp attorney" in for a cut of any claim you get? If so he is just part of the system and does not have your best interests at heart.

Find an objective third party, an experienced elder care legal advocate, to advise you. Cancel everything from here on out until you can consult with such a person.

If you haven't filed a claim you are obliged to no one, period. Do not succumb to pressure from people who stand to make a dime off you. And remember they are in a hurry to make their cut before your husband dies; he's no good to them later. Keep that in mind when they pressure you.

Honored Contributor

you have received lots of good advice that I hope is helpful; I personally would not allow the meeting with your husband unless you are present; this is too important for you, his primary caretaker, to not hear everything that is said.

Honored Contributor

Please contact a lawyer asap. There should be a lawyer present to make sure all answers are given correctly in the correct terms/way.

these people are suppose to be inpartial, but one wrong word, statement, could turn all around upside down.

you will have to see all these people eventually but you should have some kind of legal eagle by your side to make sure when these visit take place to nothing is done below the belt

Honored Contributor

viva.....I agree.

Super Contributor

phoenix - wasn't your appointment scheduled for today? Did you end up canceling it?

Super Contributor

phoenix, I am so ignorant of this type of thing, but I feel moved to pray for you and send you blessings and good energy. Bless you and your dear husband. - Bird

Honored Contributor

Bird....thank you

Colonel Meow...case manager rescheduled at a time I am working...he does not want me to attend the meeting...my husband is upset

Honored Contributor

Call your lawyer or get a new lawyer. This is unacceptable. Your husband should not be subjected to a stranger in your home by himself in his vulnerable condition.. You and your lawyer should be there.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN