Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any books you can suggest for wellness connection between mind and body for seniors?

I just finished watching a local Sunday morning news show that featured a story on the power of positive affirmations. I believe it is true. Unless our hearts and our heads are open to positivity, for me anyway, books are simply words that I can read, but not follow.

Instead, I can rejuvenate by simply telling myself I am worthy and want the very best for my life.

il_794xN.3125832075_jqxa.jpg

il_794xN.2947047191_lb20.jpg

il_794xN.3536182837_3kig.jpg

il_794xN.3634259536_4mjr.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Any books you can suggest for wellness connection between mind and body for seniors?

@CalminHeart 

You sound like an asset to your family and friends!  I thank you for your kind posts and I wish you well!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

Thank you for your reply!  I like all the sayings --- very nice and uplifting! 

Honored Contributor

@Harpa 

Thank you for this suggestion and I will look it up! 

Honored Contributor

It has ALWAYS been my most affirming and valuable tool, as well as my life's passion, and now through copious research, my conviction-

MUSIC can add both time and quality to lives, as surely and consistently as a good vitamin, and ANYONE can add a healthy dose of music TO ANYTHING.

I have numerous resources and I'll put up a few tomorrow. 

The BEST thing- music well chosen will OFTEN HELP, and NEVER HURT.

Happy Listening, EVERYONE!

Esteemed Contributor

Eating Well for Optimum Health by Dr. Andew Weil

Healthy Aging by Dr. Andew Weil

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

So very sorry you feel something is lacking.

I strongly suggest you touch base with your doctor to see if you might have a vitamin deficency. 

If you start changing your diet without medical input, you could be setting yourself up for a vitamin and mineral issue.

There are so many things we aren't aware of as we age.

Some doctors are even going to 6 months appointments now instead of one yearly checkup.

Honored Contributor

Look on Amazon, they have all kinds of them.  Bet the Barnes and Noble web page have suggestions.  Also, look at your local library, web site.  You might be able to see what they have.  

Regular Contributor

Instead of a book, how about meditation? There are several free apps out there (Let's Meditate, Calm as some free ones).

Honored Contributor

@violann 

I listen to a lot of music and many different kinds!